[REMOVE ADS]

New CD - The Temptations - With A Lot O' Soul

2023 release on Music On CD - The Temptations - "With A Lot O'Soul". Been out a few times already on CD. Shame they couldn't have picked a different album for release!

https://musiconcd.eu/product/temptat...-a-lot-o-soul/

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    2023 release on Music On CD - The Temptations - "With A Lot O'Soul". Been out a few times already on CD. Shame they couldn't have picked a different album for release!

https://musiconcd.eu/product/temptat...-a-lot-o-soul/
    Had the LP, have the CD. Possibly their best album, not one duff track

Nice that its coming out again! I wish though that we could get some of these released in their mono versions for a change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Nice that its coming out again! I wish though that we could get some of these released in their mono versions for a change of pace.
    Agreed! They could've made this an expanded edition by including all of the tracks in both their mono & stereo mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Agreed! They could've made this an expanded edition by including all of the tracks in both their mono & stereo mixes.
    My guess is the copyright on this has expired and this is just a recycling of a previously released cd. I'll save my money

Not sure about the copyright argument - but Music On CD releases are legit.

This release is undoubtedly a recycling of a previously released CD [[hopefully a remastered version). But Music On CD are capable of releasing albums on CD that have not been released before [[Jermaine Jackson - "Come Into My Life") so I'd welcome more of that such as the Jackie Jackson album or "Naturally Together" by The Originals.

You can see my collection of Music on CD Motown releases here https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookep...77720298725060

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    My guess is the copyright on this has expired and this is just a recycling of a previously released cd. I'll save my money
    Same here. But I guess on the flip side, it's good for the newer generation of Temptations fans, and they're out there.
    There are a couple of young kids on YouTube, one with a channel devoted to the Temptations, the other has a channel expressly for Paul Williams. It's amazing. These two are like investigative journalists, digging up and presenting some pretty intriguing tidbits about the group -not petty gossip, but some real history. I think this generation would actually buy these CDs, so now I have a different take on the same stuff being re-issued.

Mystery, if they've gotta re-re-re-re-re-issue a Motown CD over and over, The Temptations' "With A Lot Of Soul" is an excellent choice. The real test, however, is how it compares with the Japanese pressing which is phenomenal! Actually, stunning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Mystery, if they've gotta re-re-re-re-re-issue a Motown CD over and over, The Temptations' "With A Lot Of Soul" is an excellent choice. The real test, however, is how it compares with the Japanese pressing which is phenomenal! Actually, stunning!!!
    You've got me curious...what makes the Japanese pressing stunning?

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    You've got me curious...what makes the Japanese pressing stunning?
    Hard to put it into words, Gary. The Japanese Motown pressings jump out at you. The remastering on their product is incredible. For further verification, just ask mysterysinger. Over the years, I've heard him/her praise them on more than one occasion.

Ok, I get it. Now that you mention it, years ago I had a japanese Chi-lites CD. The sound was far superior to the US cd I have now.

Just got my Music On CD [[Universal) 2023 rerelease of Temptations’ With A Lot O’ Soul. To my ears a beautifully clear and faithful mastering, full and satisfying and faithful to the vinyl. Can’t fault the technical aspect and, of course, from the artistic aspect our boys are at their performing best. Every single one of all five shine brightly through. Plus each writing team brings grade A material. I’m in Temptations Heaven. Thanks for the heads up mysterysinger.

So glad you're pleased with your purchase Tony and thanks for the review. I'll add this release to my Music On CD collection - I do feel these CDs are worth supporting and hope that future releases are new to CD [[like the Jermaine Jackson one). Cheapest I can see is £13.86 on Ebay - I don't trust Amazon's "more buying choices" new and used section to deliver the correct CD.

I'm curious about the label though as I've not seen a photo - I'm guessing it's similar to the 1998 Spectrum release - purple with artist and album title in light blue and tracks shown in a light orange colour. Or maybe the pink and blue big M label?

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Ok, I get it. Now that you mention it, years ago I had a japanese Chi-lites CD. The sound was far superior to the US cd I have now.
    Lockhartgary, in answering your question [[above), I left out the most important part. Based on mysterysinger's high praises of the superior Japanese pressings, I've purchased several of their Motown CD releases myself, and they're all consistently excellent! I treasure each and every one of them. They're a bit pricey [[usually around $40.00, and probably even higher these days), but, for me, Motown product is well worth it. I'm glad I got them.

Album review, The Temptations "With A Lot O' Soul"