[REMOVE ADS]

Happy 70th Birthday to CHAKA KHAN!

A hearty, cheerful happy birthday to the legendary CHAKA KHAN. Chaka celebrated her 70th birthday on March 23, 2023. She is still going strong...I can attest to that having witnessed a marvelous performance in October 2022. Chaka has been in my consciousness for as long as I can remember music. She has been one of my Top 3 voices for all of my life.

You know, even casual observers may have had reason to doubt her longevity given her known, documented history of addiction. Defying the odds, she looks and sounds fantastic and is rewarding her fans for their everlasting love. Stevie Wonder and Joni Mitchell showed up for her birthday bash. She is scheduled to co-headline with George Benson at the LA County Fair in May, so hopefully their are many good times yet to come.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/24/chaka-khan-70th-birthday-party-stevie-wonder-tiffany-haddish-singing-joni-mitchell/

Happy Belated 70th Birthday, Chaka! Guy, that's a great video of Chaka performing "Magic In Your Eyes". I was watching this video recently as well. It's one of my top favourite songs from the Rufus catalogue. Glad that someone was able to capture a video of this performance, as I think it's rare for her to perform this track.