[REMOVE ADS]

Fantasy Duet: Pick the fantasy song and the fantasy duet partner for Diana Ross

The fantasy song: "Walk on By"
    The fantasy duet partner: Isaac Hayes
    Isaac Hayes and Diana Ross in the studio for the long playing version of this song would have been awesomely welcomed by this fan of Diana Ross and Isaac Hayes.

The fantasy song " All I Do" Hotter Than July version
    The fantasy duet partner....Stevie of course.

On the Luther Vandross tribute album, Beyoncé and Stevie Wonder sing So Amazing together; would have been even more amazing if Wonder had sung it with Diana Ross. It really is a crime that Ross is not on that album.

i think diana and stevie wonder or george michael would be great duets

A lot of great choices here! I can probably think of a few duet partners for Diana, but one of the ones that readily comes to mind is Smokey Robinson. I'm thinking "Agony and Ecstasy", although I know that wouldn't have been an option with their history and that he was still married to Claudette.

“Best Years” With Luther Vandross. I think it could have gone huge.
    A “Diana & Luther” album might have proved as much a classic as “Diana & Marvin”.
    Some might say that vocally he could have sang rings around her, but Diana brings her own brand of uniqueness to a song that helps makes it something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    “Best Years” With Luther Vandross. I think it could have gone huge.
    A “Diana & Luther” album might have proved as much a classic as “Diana & Marvin”.
    Some might say that vocally he could have sang rings around her, but Diana brings her own brand of uniqueness to a song that helps makes it something special.
    A duet album in the 90s, I agree that would have been classic and I believe well received. As far as singing "rings" around her, the same could be said- and has been said- for Marvin. Diana has dueted with Marvin, Paul Williams, Dennis Edwards, even David Ruffin, some of the most soulful singers ever, and held her own. Part of being a good duet partner is merging the unique talents of both parties. When it comes to Diana, all she had to do was bring her unique set of gifts and if her partner was as good a singer as she, they would figure out a way to compliment one another.

What about Diana and James Ingram? I'm a big fan of James, so it would be a dream come true for me had they ever done anything together.

I think the most intriguing duet is the rumored proposal of Diana and Aretha in the early 80s. It's like on one hand there's so many reasons why it may not have worked. On the other hand, they both were so good at being interpreters of song, it might have shocked everyone if it worked. But then on the third hand that wasn't surgically removed at birth, both women are highly competitive and instead of this being motivation to turn in the best vocal performance, it could have turned into an "over sing" competition, and there would have been no winning duet with that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    What about Diana and James Ingram? I'm a big fan of James, so it would be a dream come true for me had they ever done anything together.

I think the most intriguing duet is the rumored proposal of Diana and Aretha in the early 80s. It's like on one hand there's so many reasons why it may not have worked. On the other hand, they both were so good at being interpreters of song, it might have shocked everyone if it worked. But then on the third hand that wasn't surgically removed at birth, both women are highly competitive and instead of this being motivation to turn in the best vocal performance, it could have turned into an "over sing" competition, and there would have been no winning duet with that. Lol
    Diana and Mr Ingram would have made for a great combination, perhaps produced by Quincy Jones. Dennis Edwards is another voice that would have contrasted nicely.
    Don't really hear Aretha and Diana as a match made in heaven, but who can be sure.

I'm on Stax kick right now so I'd be curious what a Ross duet with a Stax singer like Isaac Hayes or William Bell would have turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Diana and Mr Ingram would have made for a great combination, perhaps produced by Quincy Jones. Dennis Edwards is another voice that would have contrasted nicely.
    Don't really hear Aretha and Diana as a match made in heaven, but who can be sure.
    Diana and Dennis duetted during the Supremes and Tempts sessions. I thought they complimented one another very well, my favorite being a tie between "Funky Broadway" and "Aint Nothing Like the Real Thing".

It is rather difficult to imagine Diana and Aretha singing together. I think their voices would have complimented one another best in either the mid 80s or throughout the 90s when the Queen's voice became heavier.