[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes Autographed Signed Facsimile Photo

My fellow Supremes photo collectors, and I know there are many judging by how many times I'm outbid on Ebay and the overall prices original photos routinely bring at auction! I am curious to know how many different preprinted, facsimile "signed" promotional Supremes photos were issued during the DMF and DMC eras. I've tried to save examples of them when I see them, but I discovered I only have the three I'll post below. I would appreciate if you have any others in your collection, would you be kind enough to post them here as well?

The reason I put all of the key words in the title is to hopefully make it easier for those researching the purchase of an autographed Supremes photo to know if they are in fact purchasing one of the preprinted/facsimile promotional photos sent out by Motown or the fan clubs, or possibly an original signed by the ladies. It would be nice for posterity's sake to have them here for anyone to research and reference in the future. The most common one I've seen is the horizontal one with DMF. I just recently acquired the one below with DMC and it was the first time I had seen this one. Since I purchased it with a Supremes fan club envelope dated 1969 and other fan club materials, I'm pretty sure this photo was sent out by the official fan club in Detroit.
    Thank you, I do hope some members might have others to add to this thread.
    Darin

Name:  Supremes Photo Facsimile.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  96.7 KB

Name:  Supremes Photo Facsimile 1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  Supremes Photo Late Facsimile.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  81.4 KB

This is also a preprint/facsimile photograph:

Name:  Supremes Facsimile.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  7.9 KB

I have 2 original Supremes concert booklets that were sold at the shows. One is with Flo and the other with Cindy. Do these have any value?

Yes, for sure they do Circa 1824, but as with anything it depends on the condition. The first US program with the green cover photo of DMF is difficult to find in nice condition, most are really beat up.

Speaking of genuine autographs, the concert programs are probably the most commonly signed items to be found by collectors today, for obvious reasons. Since they were sold at concerts fans had opportunities to catch the girls coming and going from rehearsals or concerts to get the programs autographed. I think I have 4 or 5 signed programs in my collection. I always check out programs when the are listed as you might be surprised to find them genuinely autographed. All of the programs have facsimile autographs though, so you need to be familiar with them to recognize the possible addition of genuine signatures.
    Darin

Funny how in the first example Diana uses "Ross". I've seen lots of Supremes autographs over the years, and rarely [[IMO because I'm sure others will disagree) did she sign her last name.