[REMOVE ADS]

"Sweet Surrender" Storyline?

Is it true, a Diana Ross fan wrote this song and sent her a tape of this beautiful song? I like the rawness in this song. Beautiful seductive tempo.

She told the story of this when she appeared on THE TONIGHT SHOW. It sounds like she held onto it for a while because she was unable to find the writers.
    Last edited by reese; 03-21-2023 at 01:47 PM.

I'm listening this just right now. Great cut, very seductive.

The only criticism I'll venture is that the arrangement is 70's vintage.

It's certainly one of the better cuts on the rather dismal Fools album. I wish someone like Michael Masser could have been producer. He would have got more out of her, but it is an undeniably nice track.

An average song, badly produced from a mostly dismal album.

I love it. I think it's an underrated cut.

I remember going downtown with my cousin to buy the FOOLS album and then bringing it over to his house for listen. He really liked SWEET SURRENDER. I didn't think it was all that, much preferring MIRROR, MIRROR.

You know how some people like the slow part of “Love Hangover”, some even wishing they could hear a full version of the slow part? To me “Sweet Surrender” is like an 80’s version of the slow part of Love Hangover. Or am I trippin’? Lol.

i agree its a highlight from her album. this and Mirror Mirror showed a sound and direction that could have been explored more. a more rock sound [[without getting to crazy like Fool For Your Love).