Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
Th FUNNY GIRL posters for the Broadway show and movie did not mention Fanny Brice either. And it was her life story. Barbra's name is quite noticeable. The soundtrack and original cast albums also did not mention Fanny. The original Broadway run did not even have any of Fanny's songs in it. Fanny's songs like MY MAN and I'd Rather Be Blue were added to the movie

The nice thing about these two movies is that it brought a whole new generation of fans to Billie Holiday and Fannie Brice and they sought out some of their original music of Billie and Fannie
Interesting thoughts milven. Provides food for thought. I did just a little checking, the posters maybe don't mention Fanny Brice, but the LP covers for the play and the movie both do.

Also the music Barbra sings is almost all new material, with also the two Brice ones you've mentioned.... point being this is not a "Barbra Streisand Sings Fanny Brice" concept ... .... whereas Diana is singing all and only Billie Holiday material. It's the point of the recording.

In a similar way, I'd say that if there were a Comedy album chart, and Barbra Streisand released one using all Fanny Brice's comedy material, it would surely be acknowledged as being such on the album cover. What would be the point of not mentioning it? Why would this detail be left out ?

Why is Billie Holiday left out of Diana's??