[REMOVE ADS]

Willie Hutch..missing TMG retease.

Hi all ....is Willie Hutch "Tell Me Why Our Love Has Turned Cold" the only TMG release that is totally missing from the British Tamla Motown releases..it was assigned a catalogue number of TMG 885 but never released in any form at all....and out of so many releases I wonder why it was held back.

There are 3 others who have a TMG number but were never released.

Tamla Motown 786
    R. Dean Taylor
    Ain't It A Sad Thing/
    Back Street/not issued

Tamla Motown 1066
    The Originals
    Call On Your Six-Million Dollar Man/
    Mother Natures Best/not issued

Tamla Motown 1228
    Syreeta
    Love Fire/
    Cause We've Ended As Lovers/not issued

Ahhh yes I forgot about The Originals....R. Dean Taylor was then assigned to Rare Earth but the Matrix number is still the TMG number and Syreeta was actually released and then withdrawn on the day of release as I have a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Ahhh yes I forgot about The Originals....R. Dean Taylor was then assigned to Rare Earth but the Matrix number is still the TMG number and Syreeta was actually released and then withdrawn on the day of release as I have a copy.
    Usually this kind of thing happens when there is a copyright issue involved. Copyright laws in the USA are not good outside of our country, so it could have to do with that. Love Fire should have been released on both sides of the Atlantic

The US Originals copy was also pulled as "The Six Million Dollar Man" US TV company threatened to take Motown to court. Pulled in 1977, a number of Demo's later turned up in 2017/18, also a very few Stk copies [[six?) also turned up.

Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 03-13-2023 at 11:21 AM.