[REMOVE ADS]

The Hornets - Give Me A Kiss

I cannot be the only one that sings along with Mike Varo masquerading as the Hornets to The Beatles [[strange the band name is similiar) I Want To Hold Your Hand. Talk about firing back at the British Invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVMbwvvXE0s

Yes I like that track - and I always thought "I Found Myself A Brand New Baby" had a British beat group sound to it.

George Harrison got sued for supposedly taking too many cues from the Chiffons' "He's So Fine" - I never could really make the dots connect with that; but here! The dots are connecting like crazy all over the place between the Hornets and the Beatles. So how did Motown NOT get sued into oblivion with this?

"My Sweet Lord" to me is a direct rip off from the melody of "He's So Fine".

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    George Harrison got sued for supposedly taking too many cues from the Chiffons' "He's So Fine" - I never could really make the dots connect with that; but here! The dots are connecting like crazy all over the place between the Hornets and the Beatles. So how did Motown NOT get sued into oblivion with this?
    Good Question! It's possible that no one in The Beatles camp knew about The Hornets' "Give Me A Kiss" so they never filed a lawsuit against Motown [because the song is a definite rip off of "I Want To Hold Your Hand"].