[REMOVE ADS]

Diana on The Graham Norton Show [2003]

I had been wanting to see this appearance that Ms Ross had made on Graham Norton's show, since its original air date in December 2003. I remembered reading about it at that time, on the online forums. I had tried to track down a screener copy of it via a UK TV archives company a few years ago, and got close to obtaining one, but then it all fizzled out when the covid lockdowns happened. I was very glad to see that someone had kindly uploaded it this week to YouTube. I seem to remember that this was the first TV appearance that she had made, that marked the beginning of her comeback era in 2004.

She didn't seem overly impressed by the telephone game that they played lol. She was gracious and a good sport though!

https://youtu.be/oVK2-_3NZiM

“WOW”, i remember this so well Carlo, being hard to imagine it’s been twenty years.
    I remember thinking how thin she looked at the time. It’s nice there were a couple of UK super fans in the audience, with the vanilla bread bring a nice gesture. I’m wondering if Diana knew them.
    I think she coped well with it being a slightly crazy interview, but looked a little worried when Graham mentioned games lol.

Yes, indeed Ollie! I also find it hard to believe this was 20 years ago. I recognized Graham Read in the audience, who spoke of his Diana Ross car. I remember chatting with him over email years ago, and he had told me about his Diana Ross car I believe he has met Ms Ross a few times, so she may have recognized him. I agree that she coped well with Graham Norton's crazy antics. I also noticed she seemed nervous when he mentioned that they would be playing a game. She must have been very relieved once she realized she would only have to hold the cards for him lol. I remember he played a similar phone game with Dame Shirley Bassey, who seemed to be much more entertained by it than Ms Ross was lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Yes, indeed Ollie! I also find it hard to believe this was 20 years ago. I recognized Graham Read in the audience, who spoke of his Diana Ross car. I remember chatting with him over email years ago, and he had told me about his Diana Ross car I believe he has met Ms Ross a few times, so she may have recognized him. I agree that she coped well with Graham Norton's crazy antics. I also noticed she seemed nervous when he mentioned that they would be playing a game. She must have been very relieved once she realized she would only have to hold the cards for him lol. I remember he played a similar phone game with Dame Shirley Bassey, who seemed to be much more entertained by it than Ms Ross was lol.
    Twenty years indeed. Many moons ago i once sold the vanilla bread chap a copy Diana’s Japanese cd “When You Dream” through a mutual friend. I have occasionally heard other fans mention Graham and his dedication.
    Diana was very candid regarding Madonna. What a shame she wasn’t brought on as a surprise guest lol.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 03-12-2023 at 03:21 PM.

I give Diana Ross' credit for her patience for sticking through this spectacle as a show biz veteran. Those performances of her songs are not flattering.