[REMOVE ADS]

Diane Warren songs that could have worked for Diana Ross?

Diane Warren has been one of the most successful song writers in pop music. Diana Ross has recorded several of her songs: Heart Don't Change My Mind, Love is all that Matters and Someone that You Loved Before.

But what are other Diane Warren songs that would have suited Diana Ross from the 80s onward? Here's a list from wikipedia to refer to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Diane_Warren
    Last edited by Spreadinglove21; 03-10-2023 at 08:41 AM.

What a list! I had no idea that she was so prolific! I know all of her songs that Cher recorded, but not a lot of her other material, however. In my mind, I’ve always associated her with what might be referred to as the adult contemporary artists. But I see her breadth goes way beyond that. For example, she’s written for both Céline Dion as well as Alice Cooper?!?

Unbreak My Heart would have been a wonderful song for Diana Ross, although Toni Braxton's voice is perfect for it as well.

I didn't know Diane was behind "I Get Weak" by Belinda Carlisle, one of my favorite songs. I would love to have heard Diana give that one a try.

Looking over the list, two that I'd be curious to hear Diana's vocals on would be:

Rhythm of the Night which was big for Debarge in mid 80s

The Same Love [[I'm familiar with the version on Expose's 1992 album. Has a slight country touch to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Rhythm of the Night which was big for Debarge in mid 80s
    All these years and I never realised Diane Warren wrote that one! I'm baffled. I think I only tend to think of her as the ballad queen.

Imagine if Diana had done Milli Vanilli's Blame It On The Rain in 1989 instead of Workin' Overtime.

I think Diana could have done something with "Too Lost In You," originally released in 1997 by Patricia Kaas in a French language version. It was then released about six years later in English by Sugababes.