[REMOVE ADS]

Latin Soul..Any fans?

This is actually both a spin off of the Tito Ramos thread Juice started and something I
    wanted to do last weekend but I kind of was cut up by the passing of Abbey Lincoln...
    Anyway, though I liked Tito solo I really loved him with Tony Rojas in the TNT Band. For
    those who never heard anything other than The Meditation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQU9itVCuy8

And for moonbeam, if she made it to the new site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRk_R...eature=related
    Last edited by splanky; 08-18-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Indeed. Latin Soul was extremely hot here in N.Y. when I was about 5 & for years afterward.

How about some of these:
    Here's The first one that I can remember from when I was about 3:

Rapidly follwed by...

And my all-time favorite...

Hi this is Kev-Lo

I'm a hugh Latin Soul Fan. Latin Soul was indeed big here in New York. I post a lot of Latin soul on Facebook

Yep! Fan here.......

pshark Guest
    Splanky, if want the video to appear on this page there's an Insert Video icon. Thats the 2nd icon from the right.

Pshark! Amazing! It is amazing! I was thinking about "Hey Leroy [[Yo Mama Calling You)" when I made my post earlier LOL! Great memory.

I really like Latin soul...not too long ago, I borrowed a CD from the library on the UK BGP label entitled "The Soul of Spanish Harlem", which is all cool Latin soul tunes...big recommendation if you can get it!

Best,

Mark

I like Latin Soul, my favorite is Johnny Colon :

I'm a fan of Latin Soul. I know it was pretty huge in New York,but not that big on Chicago radio,for some strange reason. [[?)

Was and is this a NY thing? Here in Chicago, I don't recall Latin Soul being a hot topic.

I want to say that is caught on pretty big in NY than in Chicago,even though Chicago has a huge latino population. The music was probably played in the neighborhood,but not that much on the airwaves.

I might post clips later, but i've collected various releases by Brazilian artists through the years. Some who mix[[ed) their work with a touch of soul are Almir Ricardi,
    Ana Mazzotti, Banda Black Rio, Ed Motta, Gilberto Gil, Jair Oliveira, Marcos Valle, Paula Lima, Robson Jorge & Lincoln Olivetti, Taxi, Tony Bizarro, Wilson Simoninha, etc...

I knew and loved Joe Bataan and War here in England, but was not aware of these other great artists. You got me hooked| Thats what is so great about these forums. You get introduced to all this wonderful music you never knew existed. Many, many THANKS....Paulo

Can we consider Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 "Latin Soul" or would they have to be classified as Brazilian Jazz, Bossa Nova or Somba,etc? Here they are with a favorite "Mas Que Nada"

I'll be playing a pile of Latin soul 45s on my radio show tonight at some point....91.1 FM in the New York City/Northern New Jersey area, or www.wfmu.org online, from 7 to 8 pm....the show's called "Downtown Soulville"....many, many years of archives available at www.wfmu.org/playlists/sv [[I don't always play Latin things).

Thank you mrfinewine. I will check it out !