[REMOVE ADS]

KC & The Sunshine Band Ultimate Collection, 3CD Set [5/19/23-Robinsongs/Cherry Red]

Info from Cherry Red UK-
    3CD compilation featuring a comprehensive selection of the band’s singles and B-sides. Packaged in a deluxe 3CD digipack it also includes a fully illustrated 20-page booklet featuring extensive sleeve notes by writer Michael Silvester.

DISC ONE
    1 Sound Your Funky Horn
    2 Why Don’t We Get Together
    3 Blow Your Whistle
    4 I’m Gonna Do Something Good To You
    5 I’m A Pushover
    6 You Don’t Know
    7 Queen Of Clubs
    8 Do It Good
    9 Get Down Tonight
    10 I’m So Crazy [‘Bout You]
    11 Boogie Shoes
    12 That’s The Way [I Like It]
    13 Ain’t Nothin’ Wrong
    14 I Like To Do It
    15 Come On In
    16 I’m Your Boogie Man
    17 Wrap Your Arms Around Me
    18 [Shake, Shake, Shake] Shake Your Booty
    19 Keep It Comin’ Love
    20 Baby I Love You [Yes I Do]
    21 Do You Feel Alright [Single Edit]
    22 Sho-Nuff’
    23 I Will Love You Tomorrow

DISC TWO
    1 Who Do Ya Love
    2 So Glad
    3 I Get Lifted
    4 It’s The Same Old Song
    5 Let’s Go Party
    6 Do You Wanna Go Party
    7 Come To My Island
    8 Let’s Go Rock And Roll
    9 I’ve Got The Feeling
    10 Please Don’t Go
    11 I Betcha Didn’t Know That
    12 It Happens Every Night [Single version]
    13 Stand Up
    14 Love Me
    15 Don’t Say No
    16 All Through The Night [Single version]
    17 Give It Up
    18 It’s Too Hard To Say Goodbye
    19 Party With Your Body
    20 Something’s Happening
    21 Summer Nights

DISC THREE
    1 I’m A Pushover
    2 That’s The Way [I Like It] [Club Mix]
    3 That’s The Way [I Like It] [Dub Style]
    4 That’s The Way [I Like It] [Re-Master Mix Extended]
    5 That’s The Way I Like It [New York Style Mix]
    6 That’s The Way I Like It [Original T.K. Mix]
    7 Get Down Tonight [Original T.K. Mix]
    8 Keep It Comin’ Love
    9 Do You Feel All Right
    10 Do You Wanna Go Party [Extended Version]
    11 Do You Wanna Go Party [Special Disco Mix]

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...d-digipak-set/

Looks like a great collection with some cool mixes on Disc 3!!

Happy to see ANYTHING still arriving on CD that far into the future. Keep up the good work and let's see more. However, unlike TomatoTom, I do not like filling up space with different versions of the same song. When I buy something with X number of tracks on it, I much prefer to have that same X number of different songs, not the same ones sampled over and over.

I definitely take your point david. There’s no way I would actually listen to Disc 3 all in one go. I’m more interested in these different mixes just being released. [To be honest, I’m not sure if they’ve already been released, but I’ve not seen/heard them before].

Having said that, I don’t usually listen to any album all the way through upon first listening. I tend to pick and mix the tracks on my phone’s music library. But hey, that’s the way I like it!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 03-03-2023 at 02:17 PM.

Does anyone have any idea why YES M READY isn’t on here? KC seems to want to have nothing to do with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Does anyone have any idea why YES M READY isn’t on here? KC seems to want to have nothing to do with it .
    It may be due to the fact that only "K.C." [Harry Wayne Casey] appears on "Yes I'm Ready" [which is credited to Teri De Sario with K.C.] and that the compilers of this collection don't consider it a true KC & The Sunshine Band track. It could also be that as you suggested that "K.C." doesn't want anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I definitely take your point david. There’s no way I would actually listen to Disc 3 all in one go. I’m more interested in these different mixes just being released. [To be honest, I’m not sure if they’ve already been released, but I’ve not seen/heard them before].

Having said that, I don’t usually listen to any album all the way through upon first listening. I tend to pick and mix the tracks on my phone’s music library. But hey, that’s the way I like it!
    Uh huh..Uh huh, Lol!

I
    m gonna wait until someone's actually heard the set. Rhino f-up the last album collection so i'm iffy if this set repeats all the mistakes that one did.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    It may be due to the fact that only "K.C." [Harry Wayne Casey] appears on "Yes I'm Ready" [which is credited to Teri De Sario with K.C.] and that the compilers of this collection don't consider it a true KC & The Sunshine Band track. It could also be that as you suggested that "K.C." doesn't want anything to do with it.

From what I can find , they performed one time together one night , two shows and then never again. KC doesn’t perform
    it in
    his own shows if I’m not mistaken , and not in the couple of shows I’ve seen for sure.

I found Part III to
    be one of my most satisfying purchases . It delivered three big hits amongst the fill. Have no idea what they were thinking though to not make them longer than the single edits .
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-04-2023 at 01:07 PM.

For some reason "Yes I'm Ready" has passed me by! Need to check it out.

And there I was thinking I had all KC-related recordings!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    For some reason "Yes I'm Ready" has passed me by! Need to check it out.

And there I was thinking I had all KC-related recordings!!!!
    Hey Tom

here it is ....I believe they performed it on the Midnight Special

radio was very supportive of any disco act willing to repent and discard their disco leanings ....

But have to say it is, imo, a flawless duet, and vocal interaction.

Speaking of Teri and elsewhere the Bees Gees , Tom , do you know of this Bee Gee/ DeSario non hit??

In the middle of the Bee Gees phenomena, as well as Casablanca dominance, I can only conclude there just wasn't room for yet one more....

... a favorite secret record....

"Yes I'm Ready" was a huge hit for KC & Teri DeSario, I know Barbara Mason was happy!! KC sent Barbara Mason a huge floral arrangement when it hit the TOP 10. That was KC's last big record. I don't remember anything else by Teri DeSario.

They make a very believable couple , look good together.
    very generous of KC who found the song and did all the production work and sang every bit as much as Teri did, to give her a main credit on it.

Something tells me, gut feeling , that someone wasn’t very grateful .

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    "Yes I'm Ready" was a huge hit for KC & Teri DeSario, I know Barbara Mason was happy!! KC sent Barbara Mason a huge floral arrangement when it hit the TOP 10. That was KC's last big record. I don't remember anything else by Teri DeSario.
    That was very nice of K.C. to send Barbara Mason flowers when his duet with Teri DeSario on "Yes I'm Ready" hit the top ten. While Teri wouldn't have another major hit, KC & The Sunshine Band would have one more with 1983's "Give It Up"

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 03-08-2023 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Hey Tom

here it is ....I believe they performed it on the Midnight Special

radio was very supportive of any disco act willing to repent and discard their disco leanings ....

But have to say it is, imo, a flawless duet, and vocal interaction.

Speaking of Teri and elsewhere the Bees Gees , Tom , do you know of this Bee Gee/ DeSario non hit??

In the middle of the Bee Gees phenomena, as well as Casablanca dominance, I can only conclude there just wasn't room for yet one more....

... a favorite secret record....
    I really like "Yes I'm Ready"...

Never heard of "Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You", but it's very nice too.