[REMOVE ADS]

History of The Flirtations Video Clip

From the Pop Goes The '60s Channel-

I don't know much of this group other than the absolutely magnificent "Nothing But A Heartache". Need to check them out some more.

I couldn't believe it when I checked the Guiness Book of Hit Singles and found "Nothing But A Heartache" was conspicuous by its absence. I always thought it had been a UK hit.
    False facts are bad enough but false memories are even worse.

Thanks Motown Eddie.

I've loved these ladies for almost a couple of decades now. I don't even remember how I first heard of them, but it was certainly after hearing "Nothing But A Heartache". I would love to see them live in the UK one day. It's lovely to see that they're still performing together.

TomatoTom, definitely check out their CD reissue of "Sounds Like The Flirtations". It's loaded with bonus tracks. A nice compilation, complete with liner notes/history on the group. It was also recently reissued on vinyl last year, which I've been meaning to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks Motown Eddie.

I've loved these ladies for almost a couple of decades now. I don't even remember how I first heard of them, but it was certainly after hearing "Nothing But A Heartache". I would love to see them live in the UK one day. It's lovely to see that they're still performing together.

TomatoTom, definitely check out their CD reissue of "Sounds Like The Flirtations". It's loaded with bonus tracks. A nice compilation, complete with liner notes/history on the group. It was also recently reissued on vinyl last year, which I've been meaning to pick up.
    Thanks carlo!! I'll have to do just that.

Performing Artists | The Flirtations

Love the below CD. Grab it if you can.
    Last edited by lakeside; 03-08-2023 at 01:21 PM.

The Flirtations singing Motown! only issued in the UK and a harder one to find

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Performing Artists | The Flirtations

Love the below CD. Grab it if you can.
    Pearly Gates was a 1979 Ian Levine artist. I had no idea that she was formerly a member of The Flirtations. Small world!