[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I was hoping to stay out of this toxic subject, but after several days of biting my tongue and reading everyone's opinions on the subject i feel compelled to break my silence and reluctantly contribute to the discussion.
    The world is in turmoil. We have the ongoing war in Ukraine, and we have the terrible earthquake in Turkey and Syria which at the time of writing looks to have claimed up to 20, 000 lives. I have read of dying women giving birth in the rubble and little babies perishing in sub zero temperatures, but certain forums on social media are still filled with distraught fans throwing poison arrows at Diana Ross for daring to miss the group she departed from 53 years ago being given a lifetime Grammy award that was at least 30 years overdue.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this, but i feel i must reluctantly offer some kind of defence for the "behaviour" of Miss Ross.
    I was very concerned about the wellbeing of Miss Ross on her UK tour of last year, and i am more concerned than ever about it now.
    The lady is 78 years old and not in good health. I have it on very good authority that she was planning on attending the awards just a few short weeks ago. Her no show causes me considerable anxiety.
    Perhaps, just perhaps she was not well enough to attend.
    You may well say she should have issued a statement confirming her non attendance. You may well have a valid point there, but if the Ross family did not wish to make a public comment then that is good enough for me. Miss Ross owes us nothing. She has given unrivalled pleasure to her fans over the past 60 years or so and has no obligation to comment if she and her family members wish for any issues to remain private at this time. If you feel shortchanged by the silence then that is your problem.
    Thankfully it has remained relatively civilised on this particular forum, but some of the vile comments on certain other forums have quite frankly sickened me. They may well come to regret posting some of those comments in the not too distant future.
    I can certainly understand some of the anger on here, but we must realise that these legends are gradually leaving us. Soon they will all be gone, and that will leave us with lots of time to reflect upon what we posted in moments of anger.
    Can we please move on and accept what has happened. By all means be disappointed. I share your disappointment but she did the right thing for her own wellbeing by not attending the ceremony in my opinion.
    If the family wish to share any information with us they will do so when they feel the time is right. May i also thank Sup Fan for his support and disrection during our private conversations on the subject this week. You have been a rock.
    Thank you for listening, and best regards to you all.
    thank you for sharing your viewpoint. I can’t tell you how disappointed I was in the entire weekend. I was certain that she would attend the Supremes ceremony and as luck would have it, I have a friend who let me know that transportation had been ordered for that event. Also, a little tidbit: due to staffing issues, no matter how many drivers they are short, Miss Ross is top priority even if the owner of the company has to fly in from Outer Slobobia to take her. I had big dreams of grand, new looks, the possibility of a win, the collection of the other award, I was really looking forward to it. Instead I got nothing. And I do understand the disappointment, I don’t really understand the vitriol and anger because like you said, who knows why she changed her mind? I think it’s weird that she didn’t issue a statement but, I’m not angry. Because I know she was planning to attend, like you, I hope it’s not health related. I would much much much much much rather be a big diva fit! People talk about what she should do, but how can they know without all the information? This is probably one of those Ross mysteries that will never be solved, and maybe it will be the new decades RTL on this board.

I am very happy to read you again. I hope you are well and are aware that you were sorely missed. Don’t be a stranger!

It seems a bit odd to me that there is a mention in here that Diana Ross may not be in the best of health from someone that is/was somewhat connected and it is basically ignored.

Why is that? Is it thought that the suggestion is speculative or that it's not concrete enough?

Or do people not care and just ignore it.

I have to admit I was disappointed in the whole Grammy thing again and the non appearance and by how amateur the Lifetime Achievement presentation appeared to be. But that is generally the way Supremes anything has worked and much of the Grammys.

But the anxiety and angst about it all seems kind of overblown.

This forum has lost so many people over the years; I wonder if it is mostly people passing on or if they just got bored.

I'm a little embarrassed because while I own Thank You, I never played it all the way through. And I own digitally the Mary Wilson release but I've mostly only played Can't Take My Eyes Off You, lol.

Well said Bluebrock , people should just leave her alone already she has given us so much we love her so , I hope she’s ok , and people like Beyoncé why did she not stand up and say I dedicate one of my Grammies to Diana Ross and say this is not right Tic Tok dictates these singers career now like it or not the world is rapidly changing and not for the good , look at the one person who told Harry Styles get of the stage and said Beyoncé should of one , how disgusting, Beyoncé should of addressed this horrible behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It seems a bit odd to me that there is a mention in here that Diana Ross may not be in the best of health from someone that is/was somewhat connected and it is basically ignored.

Why is that? Is it thought that the suggestion is speculative or that it's not concrete enough?

Or do people not care and just ignore it.

I have to admit I was disappointed in the whole Grammy thing again and the non appearance and by how amateur the Lifetime Achievement presentation appeared to be. But that is generally the way Supremes anything has worked and much of the Grammys.

But the anxiety and angst about it all seems kind of overblown.

This forum has lost so many people over the years; I wonder if it is mostly people passing on or if they just got bored.

I'm a little embarrassed because while I own Thank You, I never played it all the way through. And I own digitally the Mary Wilson release but I've mostly only played Can't Take My Eyes Off You, lol.
    It genuinely seems odd to me that certain fans still champion her doing and saying nothing when it’s clearly not in her best interests. M’s Ross can do anything she likes being the mantra, she owes us nothing. This kind of thinking unfortunately has cost her dear, with possibly unfair and cruel criticism plastered all over the internet when it could so easily have been avoided.
    If she is genuinely suffering ill health or coping with a family crisis this makes it even worse.
    As a lifelong fan, i know what i would have advised her to to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I was hoping to stay out of this toxic subject, but after several days of biting my tongue and reading everyone's opinions on the subject i feel compelled to break my silence and reluctantly contribute to the discussion.
    The world is in turmoil. We have the ongoing war in Ukraine, and we have the terrible earthquake in Turkey and Syria which at the time of writing looks to have claimed up to 20, 000 lives. I have read of dying women giving birth in the rubble and little babies perishing in sub zero temperatures, but certain forums on social media are still filled with distraught fans throwing poison arrows at Diana Ross for daring to miss the group she departed from 53 years ago being given a lifetime Grammy award that was at least 30 years overdue.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this, but i feel i must reluctantly offer some kind of defence for the "behaviour" of Miss Ross.
    I was very concerned about the wellbeing of Miss Ross on her UK tour of last year, and i am more concerned than ever about it now.
    The lady is 78 years old and not in good health. I have it on very good authority that she was planning on attending the awards just a few short weeks ago. Her no show causes me considerable anxiety.
    Perhaps, just perhaps she was not well enough to attend.
    You may well say she should have issued a statement confirming her non attendance. You may well have a valid point there, but if the Ross family did not wish to make a public comment then that is good enough for me. Miss Ross owes us nothing. She has given unrivalled pleasure to her fans over the past 60 years or so and has no obligation to comment if she and her family members wish for any issues to remain private at this time. If you feel shortchanged by the silence then that is your problem.
    Thankfully it has remained relatively civilised on this particular forum, but some of the vile comments on certain other forums have quite frankly sickened me. They may well come to regret posting some of those comments in the not too distant future.
    I can certainly understand some of the anger on here, but we must realise that these legends are gradually leaving us. Soon they will all be gone, and that will leave us with lots of time to reflect upon what we posted in moments of anger.
    Can we please move on and accept what has happened. By all means be disappointed. I share your disappointment but she did the right thing for her own wellbeing by not attending the ceremony in my opinion.
    If the family wish to share any information with us they will do so when they feel the time is right. May i also thank Sup Fan for his support and disrection during our private conversations on the subject this week. You have been a rock.
    Thank you for listening, and best regards to you all.
    I think its very unfortunate that Miss Ross may have been ill or is ill, but Im real fortunate that you have shared your insight with us my dear Bluebrock. She's closer to 80 than 70 and the nearer you get to your 8th decade the more health issues pop up. Im sorry shes currently not in good health and will pray hard and often that she gets better. My Mom is 77 and fully retired at 70. At 77 I see her slowing down quite a bit but Im fortunate that shes still with me.. Thats what most folks do they retire from the age of 62 to 72 and then enjoy life. While im sure miss Ross enjoys life a real gruelling tour at 78 takes a lot of energy and effort especially when you are one of the worlds greatest living music legends. Being MISS DIANA ROSS on stage takes so much work. My love and blessings to you and Miss Ross.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    It genuinely seems odd to me that certain fans still champion her doing and saying nothing when it’s clearly not in her best interests. M’s Ross can do anything she likes being the mantra, she owes us nothing. This kind of thinking unfortunately has cost her dear, with possibly unfair and cruel criticism plastered all over the internet when it could so easily have been avoided.
    If she is genuinely suffering ill health or coping with a family crisis this makes it even worse.
    As a lifelong fan, i know what i would have advised her to to do.
    Miss Ross is and was and will always be a very very private person Ollie9.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Miss Ross is and was and will always be a very very private person Ollie9.
    I appreciate that Roberta, i’m simply trying to make the point that a simple PR gesture could have protected her from what is now a tsunami of criticism aimed in her direction.

I appreciate that Roberta, i’m simply trying to make the point that a simple PR gesture could have protected her from what is now a tsunami of criticism aimed in her direction.
    I think it's a Supremes fans Tsunami. Ive not read very much at all in the media or on google news.

I think it's a Supremes fans Tsunami. Ive not read very much at all in the media or on google news.
    I’ve seen nothing but on here

Perhaps just a wave.

I think it is unfortunate that The Grammy Hall did not award the honor in a Prime Time Telecast.I believe Diana Ross was not present because of this. I hope Diana Ross' forthcoming Christmas Album with Orchestra is nominated and that she receive her right ful competitive Grammy Award.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    and the reason why the Grammy's wouldnt treat the Beatles like that is because if they were awarded a special award they knew at least one of them would turn up to accept it and im sure that if there was only one surviving member left that one surviving member would turn up to accept it...its probably because of Diana's lack of interest that the Supremes have been overlooked and not applauded as much as they should have.
    This is not true! Believe me. If they would have given this award while Mary was still alive. She definitely would have been there. The Grammys are a joke and if I was Diana I wouldn’t go either.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    This is not true! Believe me. If they would have given this award while Mary was still alive. She definitely would have been there. The Grammys are a joke and if I was Diana I wouldn’t go either.
    By she are you referring to Diana or Mary?.

By she are you referring to Diana or Mary?.
    I’m referring to Mary. The Grammys had 60 years to honor the Supremes while Mary was still alive. And we all know she would have been there. I give the Grammys no excuse for this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I’m referring to Mary. The Grammys had 60 years to honor the Supremes while Mary was still alive. And we all know she would have been there. I give the Grammys no excuse for this tragedy.
    Since Diana has never deemed it important enough to lend her time to any past ceremony honouring the Supremes, sending a representative was the least she might have done, particularly in view of Mary’s passing.
    It would have been respectful in honouring two former group members, their children, loyal fans and all the group achieved.
    I question anyone who thinks this small gesture was unnecessary and that doing nothing was the way to go.