[REMOVE ADS]

Unhappy Diana Ross' tragic downfall?

she lost the grammy, didn't show up with mary and flo's daughters, is her life going to be neglected?

no oscar, no regular grammy, she is just going to have a sad end.

poor mother, her family will have to sit in the footsteps of Mary and Flo's daughters. :[[:[[

i know she's postive and wants to change the world, but the public think of her as a dying old hag like Jeopardy.

give her all of the support the next show you go to. appreciate what's best because you never know what might come tomorrow. :[[:[[

she is the supremes, after all. without her singing lead on the hits, then what?

Diana Ross wants to be like her mom after all. A loving mother.

I think you should all watch this. [[Skip to 14:50 please)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CfCRNyk1Fo?=t890

Last edited by IMissFlo93; 02-05-2023 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    she lost the grammy, didn't show up with mary and flo's daughters, is her life going to be neglected?

no oscar, no regular grammy, she is just going to have a sad end.

poor mother, her family will have to sit in the footsteps of Mary and Flo's daughters. :[[:[[

i know she's postive and wants to change the world, but the public think of her as a dying old hag like Jeopardy.

give her all of the support the next show you go to. appreciate what's best because you never know what might come tomorrow. :[[:[[

she is the supremes, after all. without her singing lead on the hits, then what?

Diana Ross wants to be like her mom after all. A loving mother.

I think you should all watch this. [[Skip to 14:50 please)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CfCRNyk1Fo?=t890

I’m sorry, but what a dumb post! Diana Ross was right in not attending the Supremes award! After all these years and they can’t give her a competitive Grammy, then screw them!!

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I’m sorry, but what a dumb post!

I just felt upset, ok?

Diana Ross is hardly the Supremes, as evidenced by her disregard for the entity.

I am right there with you on this one. I usually ban the Grammys.

The Grammys are a clusterf….k but honestly the Supremes, in many respects, fit right in - nothing went well after 1972 or 1977 or 1983 or 2000.

OMG, it's like an old poster is resurrected ... Miss Ross keeps on making miracles

I’m sorry, but what a dumb post! Diana Ross was right in not attending the Supremes award! After all these years and they can’t give her a competitive Grammy, then screw them!!
    Only this time it was not all about HER, being perhaps the reason Supremes fans feel just a ‘tad let down.

The only downfall is the poster what a revolting thing to say did you ever consider that she was not invited to the Grammies and miss Floss witch with out Diana Ross’s voice there is no supremes you id111111

Downfall?

"A dying old hag" - what a terrible thing to say. She is a much loved mother and grandmother, as well as an iconic performer who has given decades of delight to us fans.

A fantastic album, packed concerts last year, still able to have concert audiences "in her pocket", still able to deliver wonderful powerful vocals on stage, I could go on....

The award would have been nice but I'd much rather have the above for as long as Diana is able to deliver.

I am truly shocked by the original poster's comments.

Well Diana did show up at the Grammys a few years back to accept a lifetime achievement award that was for her so if she was that principled about not accepting she should have snubbed it then. Nice try, but she didn't show up Saturday because [[unless she was taken ill all of a sudden) the award wasn't about just her.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    The only downfall is the poster what a revolting thing to say did you ever consider that she was not invited to the Grammies and miss Floss witch with out Diana Ross’s voice there is no supremes you id111111
    Yeah right, The Grammys gave the Supremes a lifetime achievement award but told Diana Ross not to show up. Stop making excuses. One doesn't need to be bat shit crazy like the OP on this thread to observe that Diana snubbing attending the award was not a wise or decent move [[unless again she's taken ill).

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Downfall?

"A dying old hag" - what a terrible thing to say. She is a much loved mother and grandmother, as well as an iconic performer who has given decades of delight to us fans.

A fantastic album, packed concerts last year, still able to have concert audiences "in her pocket", still able to deliver wonderful powerful vocals on stage, I could go on....

The award would have been nice but I'd much rather have the above for as long as Diana is able to deliver.

I am truly shocked by the original poster's comments.

It's not me who thinks that. It's shows like Jeopardy.

"The ageless Diana Ross"??? Give me a break!

I think there are two reasons Ross lost out last night that many just seem to overlook.

1. The nomination was mostly based on her tenure and the fact that she had never received a grammy. Not exactly the right reason for a nomination but it happens. Truth is the lp is mediocre at best and Ross has not been in her best voice in years. She once said if she got to where she didn't sound good she would stop singing. Her fan base choses to overlook this just as they did with Judy Garland.

2. Most importantly Hollywood has never liked Diana Ross. She never played the game, rarely went to Hollywood parties and when she hosted her own parties out there she usually only had people from within her circle. She lost the Oscar to Liza Minnelli because Hollywood felt Minnelli paid her dues to come out from under her mother's shadow. Ross however whizzed in there with a killer performance without so much as an acting lesson. Moreover, Berry Gordy treated this nomination like a hit record buying magazine ads and billboards proclaiming she would win the Oscar. Hollywood looked down on this. Truth is, Ross's performance was superior to Minnelli's but nobody cared.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I think there are two reasons Ross lost out last night that many just seem to overlook.

1. The nomination was mostly based on her tenure and the fact that she had never received a grammy. Not exactly the right reason for a nomination but it happens. Truth is the lp is mediocre at best and Ross has not been in her best voice in years. She once said if she got to where she didn't sound good she would stop singing. Her fan base choses to overlook this just as they did with Judy Garland.

2. Most importantly Hollywood has never liked Diana Ross. She never played the game, rarely went to Hollywood parties and when she hosted her own parties out there she usually only had people from within her circle. She lost the Oscar to Liza Minnelli because Hollywood felt Minnelli paid her dues to come out from under her mother's shadow. Ross however whizzed in there with a killer performance without so much as an acting lesson. Moreover, Berry Gordy treated this nomination like a hit record buying magazine ads and billboards proclaiming she would win the Oscar. Hollywood looked down on this. Truth is, Ross's performance was superior to Minnelli's but nobody cared.
    i'd also say that Liza's material was a stronger vehicle. the story and script for Lady is good but inaccurate and highly glossed over. it does exactly what Gordy intended which is to make for a compelling and wonderful story. but they were basing it on true life of a living legend. it's one thing to adapt a fictional book for a movie and to streamline characters and major plot poins. it's another when adapting someone's life. Diana did an amazing job and the singing is among the best of her career.

Liza's was also directed by Fosse, another hollywood legend. Plus the Academy never gave Judy one and with her death, she had become sort of deified.

but even if Liza hadn't been nominated, do you think Diana would have beaten Cicely?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i'd also say that Liza's material was a stronger vehicle. the story and script for Lady is good but inaccurate and highly glossed over. it does exactly what Gordy intended which is to make for a compelling and wonderful story. but they were basing it on true life of a living legend. it's one thing to adapt a fictional book for a movie and to streamline characters and major plot poins. it's another when adapting someone's life. Diana did an amazing job and the singing is among the best of her career.

Liza's was also directed by Fosse, another hollywood legend. Plus the Academy never gave Judy one and with her death, she had become sort of deified.

but even if Liza hadn't been nominated, do you think Diana would have beaten Cicely?
    Don't know, I think Ross's performance was better than Tyson's. But again, Hollywood was prejudiced against Ross

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Don't know, I think Ross's performance was better than Tyson's. But again, Hollywood was prejudiced against Ross
    there's certainly been plenty on the racism of hollywood. the odds of Cicely winner were low regardless. but IF the academy was going to select a black as a winner, they would ONLY have done so by selecting one that was "acceptable" and played by the rules. not trying to put down Cicely in any way. more so just saying if racist hollywood would have finally selected a black woman, it would NOT be an outsider

same with most of the awards. What's Going On should have been a big grammy smash. Out Of Darkness for an Emmy. motown's outsider status just prevented the establishment from allowing them any of the awards. yes i know motown did claim a few grammies. but not what they should have. and when you don't play by the system, there are some consequences.

i don't know exactly what all would have been so bad to be in closer with the RCAA and grammies. but berry did things his way

Miss Batch is out of line , and where is Blue Brock for her defence, Diana is a celebrity like no other , places like Tic Tok Dictate what happens in the music industry these days