[REMOVE ADS]

Darlene Love "Live 1982" CD and DVD [4/7/2023-Liberation Hall]

Details from Liberation Hall-

This 1982 Darlene Love performance highlights her triumphant re-emergence as a solo artist and features many of her best-known hits from the 1960s.

In her early career, Darlene Love was one of pop music's all-time busiest and most respected backup singers. But by the 1980s had emerged under her own name as an accomplished actress and concert performer. After being out of circulation for over thirty years, this remastered collection is once again available, documenting the last of a series of shows that effected that transition. Darlene was heard on countless 1960's hit recordings, ranging from Bobby "Boris" Pickett's "Monster Mash" to Frank Sinatra's "That's Life," and performed live with headliners on the scale of Elvis Presley, Tom Jones, and Dionne Warwick. In the studio with producer Phil Spector, she lent her voice to a series of hits, [including the Crystals' "He's A Rebel" and "Da Doo Ron Ron," The Ronettes' "Be My Baby," and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans' "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"], as well as releasing singles under her own name. After appearing in 1981 at Righteous Brother Bill Medley's club, Darlene was invited to perform at a private Hollywood New Year's Eve party, with a band, the Monte Carlos, formed specifically to back her. Hearing the buzz independent producer Bob Lasiewicz arranged for an engagement on April 21, 1982, at the prestigious L.A. area jazz club Hop Singh's, from which this set is taken. Shortly after, Love moved to NYC, to star in the jukebox musical "Leader of the Pack," followed by Broadway musical productions of "Carrie," "Grease," and "Hairspray." She appeared as Danny Glover's wife in the "Lethal Weapon" film series and performed annually to great acclaim on "Late Night with David Letterman," singing her holiday classic "Christmas [Baby Please Come Home]." Darlene has continued working into the 2000's, with her appearance in the 2013 Oscar-winning documentary "20 Feet from Stardom," and her induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011. More than sixty years after her recording debut, Love continues to perform on concert stages throughout the country.

Tracklist
    1. Da Doo Ron Ron
    2. Wait Til' My Bobby Gets Home
    3. [Today I] Met The Boy I'm Gonna Marry
    4. We Can Work It Out
    5. Why Do Lovers Break Each Others Hearts?
    6. He's A Rebel
    7. Not Too Young To Get Married
    8. Sometimes When We Touch
    9. Hungry Heart
    10. He's Sure The Boy I Love
    11. Gospel Medley: Swing Low, Sweet Chariot; Oh Happy Day; When The Saints Go Marching In

CD Pre-order from Amazon US;
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTDYWNPK/?tag=imwan-20

DVD Pre-order from Amazon US;
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTFLKHJ1/?tag=imwan-20

Thanks Motown Eddie! This seems to be a reissue of the live album that was released by Rhino on vinyl in 1985, and in Japan on CD in 1992. From what I can see, for this reissue, "Hungry Heart" replaces "Goodbye, So Long", which was on the original release. I also noticed that Hungry Heart has been released to digital platforms as a single, ahead of this release. Nice to see that a DVD will be available as well. I will be ordering this

Physical CDs in April of 2023??????? As Debarge once said "I like it." Now shall we try for May, June, July...............