[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Maurice Fagin of the Monitors

I just viewed a post on Facebook [from the 'Motown-The Music & The Memories' group] stating that Maurice Fagin of The Monitors has passed on. No further info on it right now. Rest In Music, Power & Peace Maurice Fagin.

very sad news.

Maurice Fagin Confirmation

Hi - you're probably referencing my post. Sandra Williams [[formerly Fagin) is like a second mother to me, and the word comes from his biological daughter, who is also like a sis to me. I spoke last to Mr. Fagin sometime in July, he wasn't well then, and earlier last week, his daughter informed me his time was near.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    I just viewed a post on Facebook [from the 'Motown-The Music & The Memories' group] stating that Maurice Fagin of The Monitors has passed on. No further info on it right now. Rest In Music, Power & Peace Maurice Fagin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. T View Post
    Hi - you're probably referencing my post. Sandra Williams [[formerly Fagin) is like a second mother to me, and the word comes from his biological daughter, who is also like a sis to me. I spoke last to Mr. Fagin sometime in July, he wasn't well then, and earlier last week, his daughter informed me his time was near.
    Thank You Ms. T for the information and My Condolences to You & the Fagin Family on the passing of Maurice Fagin.

Rest in Peace Mr. Fagin.

I thought Mr. Fagin passed away years ago, but nevertheless RIP and thank you for the music.

RIP, Maurice. You and The Monitors were among Motown's semi-hidden treasures. Motown fans everywhere will miss you deeply.

May he Rest in Peace.

The Monitors’ Motown Anthology is brilliant, and I will be playing it today for sure. RIP Maurice.

Hello, I am dropping in to provide further, final confirmation of Mr. Maurice Fagin's transition in the form of his obituary, for those curious and/or interested.
    https://epilogg.com/obituary/j-mauri...3bEY8hTrtK8_Kc

Hello, I am dropping in to provide further, final confirmation of Mr. Maurice Fagin's transition in the form of his obituary, for those curious and/or interested.
    https://epilogg.com/obituary/j-mauri...3bEY8hTrtK8_Kc
    Thank You Ms. T. for sharing the obituary for Maurice Fagin. Again, My Condolences to Mr. Fagin's Family & Friends at this sad time.

You're welcome, I know that the Monitors are beloved by true aficionados of Motown, and I was really excited to make contact with Mr. Fagin and the former Mrs. Fagin. Ultimately Ms. Sandra and her daughter have become family friends of mine, quite a pleasure and honor.

Stay tuned, as I'm collaborating with Motown Museum to honor Ms. Sandra in the next few months. I'll let folks know when plans are solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thank You Ms. T. for sharing the obituary for Maurice Fagin. Again, My Condolences to Mr. Fagin's Family & Friends at this sad time.