[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson returns on "If We Don't Have Each Other"

Info from SoulTracks.com-
    If there is a Mount Rushmore of soul music greats, the legendary Smokey Robinson is certainly on it. As part of the Miracles, as a solo artist, and as one of the great songwriters of the past century, Mr. Robinson is one of those stars who is identified around the world with just his first name.
    It has been nearly a decade since we had brand new solo music from Smokey, but the 82 year old star returns today with the smooth, mostly acoustic midtempo "If We Don't Have Each Other." It's the testimony of a man who is reminding his woman what she means to him, and what a good thing they have together.
    Smokey is in fine voice on the single, which overcomes some muddy vocal backing harmonies with a steady groove and tasty guitar work to deliver a nice adult soul cut that radio should pick up. Check out "If We Don't Have Each Other" below, and welcome the great Smokey Robinson back to SoulTracks!

Info from RollingStone.com-
    Motown legend Smokey Robinson is set to return with his first album of all new material in over decade, and he’s left absolutely nothing to the imagination with the title: Gasms.

The silk-voiced singer-songwriter teased the LP with a new single, “If We Don’t Have Each Other,” which finds Robinson delivering devoted lines over sultry guitar and snappy production.

“I chose this song as the first single of my new album because it’s different musically and has a slide dance feeling to it… which is different from what I’ve ever done before,” Robinson said of the new tune in a statement. “It also has a current rhythm of today that I love, and I hope everyone else does too.”

Gasms
    — which is set to arrive April 28 — is Robinson’s first album of all new material since 2009’s Time Flies When You’re Having Fun. And though it took him a while to reach Gasms, he’s stayed busy with other projects, like his 2014 collaborative album, Smokey and Friends, which found him reimagining some of his biggest hits with the likes of Elton John, John Legend, Mary J. Blige, James Taylor, and more. In 2017, he released the holiday record, Christmas Everyday.

Not bad at all... nice vibe.

One that will grow on me I think.

Out less than half way in ….

I like - and Smokey sounds great.

Gasms will be available April 28th 2023!

1. Gasms
    2. How You Make Me Feel
    3. I Wanna Know Your Body
    4. I Keep Callin' You
    5. Roll Around
    6. Beside You
    7. If We Don't Have Each Other
    8. You Fill Me Up
    9. I Fit In There

I was a bit concerned about not liking this album too much on hearing "If We Don't Have Each Other", which was alright, but not my favourite song in the world.

BUT, having checked out some of the other tracks on iTunes, I’m much more contented now.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/gasms/1661174282