[REMOVE ADS]

1988 RRHOF -Mike Love’s Strange Speech

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/insane-...induction/?amp

This is the speech that is so often referenced where he questioned Miss Ross’s absence

Apparently she was included in good company as he referenced many others derogatorily and this article didn’t even bother with his reference to her.

Mike Love has been known, since his early days with the Beach Boys, as one of the biggest assholes in the music industry.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Mike Love has been known, since his early days with the Beach Boys, as one of the biggest assholes in the music industry.
    He definitely seems to have some chips on his shoulder!

Mike Love was on point saying artists should show up for one of the most prestigious awards given. But, I blame Mary, not Diana, for Ross not showing up. Mary was at her most dangerous and treasonous best during this period.

yeah there was some sort of quote from Diana about "look when you're repeatedly being kicked, why would you want to interact and participate"

i don't know if it was specifically referring to the RRHOF or not. but she was basically saying if Mary was always throwing mud at her, then why would she come to any event with Mary only to have it explode in a firestorm and mostly land on her shoulders for the bad press

I think it important that at least one of them showed up, regardless of who that person happened to be.

I think the Andantes should have showed up, they sang on more Supremes records than any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I think the Andantes should have showed up, they sang on more Supremes records than any one.
    Ha ha. You have a valid point there Boogiedown.

yeah there was some sort of quote from Diana about "look when you're repeatedly being kicked, why would you want to interact and participate"

i don't know if it was specifically referring to the RRHOF or not. but she was basically saying if Mary was always throwing mud at her, then why would she come to any event with Mary only to have it explode in a firestorm and mostly land on her shoulders for the bad press
    Yup. Diana wisely passed for [I think) just this reason. Mary was able to get a few seconds of media for her appearance, but as always later complained that she wasn't celebrated sufficiently. Such is life. Love seemed high AF and should have kept his remarks centered on his group, but ...

Hahahaha! Didn't know that. Certainly honored his rep that night!!

Hadn't Diana also just given birth to her second son around this time?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Hadn't Diana also just given birth to her second son around this time?
    Yes, Diana had recently given birth to her second son. Mary kind of mentioned it in her acceptance speech. The Beatles were also inducted that night and Paul did not show up either.

What a wonderfully heartfelt and eloquent speech from Mary.