[REMOVE ADS]

Motown on That's TV [[In the UK)

Don't know if anyone else has picked up on the fact that there are several Motown songs that appear on That's 60s [[Freeview 75). The other night I had it on for a couple of hours in the background while I was doing other things. During that time, there were performances of:

1 Supremes [[c1966) - I've forgotten which song!
    2 Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
    3 Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
    4 Stevie Wonder - Uptight [[Everything's Alright)
    5 Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
    6 Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough [[beautiful colour performance and my favourite so far)

So far this morning, I've caught:

1. Stevie Wonder - Uptight [[Everything's Alright)
    2. Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love

No information is provided other than the name of the artist, song title and year. I haven't found any information about a playlist so it is a case of waiting for the next Motown song to be played, but as I still live in the 60s, that's not a problem for me. As the TV channel is on from 6 am to 2 am, some of the hour-long episodes may be rotated but I haven't watched enough of it to establish if there are repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by reachoutuk View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has picked up on the fact that there are several Motown songs that appear on That's 60s [[Freeview 75). The other night I had it on for a couple of hours in the background while I was doing other things. During that time, there were performances of:

1 Supremes [[c1966) - I've forgotten which song!
    2 Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
    3 Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
    4 Stevie Wonder - Uptight [[Everything's Alright)
    5 Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
    6 Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough [[beautiful colour performance and my favourite so far)

So far this morning, I've caught:

1. Stevie Wonder - Uptight [[Everything's Alright)
    2. Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love

No information is provided other than the name of the artist, song title and year. I haven't found any information about a playlist so it is a case of waiting for the next Motown song to be played, but as I still live in the 60s, that's not a problem for me. As the TV channel is on from 6 am to 2 am, some of the hour-long episodes may be rotated but I haven't watched enough of it to establish if there are repeats.
    Saw a clip of The Supremes doing the Beatles song I Feel Fine last night

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Saw a clip of The Supremes doing the Beatles song I Feel Fine last night

Just seen Diana Ross and the Supremes Someday We'll Be Together and Barbara Mcnair singing a Beatles medley.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Just seen Diana Ross and the Supremes Someday We'll Be Together and Barbara Mcnair singing a Beatles medley.
    And in between my original post and mowsville's update, there was a repeat of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, plus:

Supremes - Stop In The Name of Love
    Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself

Lovely to see these mostly B&W performances. Now, to make my day complete would be to see

Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There [[for hopefully obvious reasons), although I actually prefer Bernadette, but I didn't want to call myself that!

Thanks for this. It's on Sky 366

Yes, I have seen a few of these to along with "videos" of other popular '60s acts.
    The strange thing, for me anyway, is why most of them had not been shown on mainstream TV back when the records were issued.
    My wife then surprised me by saying she had seen many of them on a sort of video "jukebox" back in the '60s when you could pay to watch them. A bit sketchy in details, but it was from her childhood in Mauritius

Quote Originally Posted by Ed H View Post
    Yes, I have seen a few of these to along with "videos" of other popular '60s acts.
    The strange thing, for me anyway, is why most of them had not been shown on mainstream TV back when the records were issued.
    My wife then surprised me by saying she had seen many of them on a sort of video "jukebox" back in the '60s when you could pay to watch them. A bit sketchy in details, but it was from her childhood in Mauritius
    I did try to produce a list of all the video clips I saw spread over a few days of part-time watching, so probably it is still not complete:

Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
    Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
    Stevie Wonder - Uptight
    Supremes - My World Is Empty Without You
    Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
    Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
    Supremes - Stop In The Name Of Love
    Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
    Barbara McNair with Frankie Avalon and Joanie Sommers - A Beatles Medley
    Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
    Temptations - My Girl
    Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
    Supremes - Love Child
    Isley Brothers - Do You Love Me
    Supremes - Nothing But Heartaches
    Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There
    Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On - featuring animated game of table tennis
    Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is
    Supremes - Baby Love
    Martha and the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street

I have seen them repeated but I am not convinced that they necessarily stay in the same order, I'm sure that I saw Ain't That Peculiar twice within an hour or so.