[REMOVE ADS]

NBC Morning Host Delivers Heartfelt Tribute to Diana Ross

In the later morning Hoda and Jenna segment of the Today show they spoke this morning of Diana's cute post that went viral of her three daughters performing a routine at a Xmas dinner. After showing the clip, Hoda went on to relate how it was the music of Diana Ross that got her through the hardest times many years ago as a young girl in Egypt.

Diana's music has touched a lot of people. I love when they publicly give her props.

I feel neither Diana Ross nor the Supremes for that matter have ever been given their proper dues and respect publicly. Many other lesser artists seem to be lauded more and that just isn't right. It is good that public people like Oprah and Hoda share their admiration publicly for the World to see.

Holy Crap man! This title made me think she passed and I missed the news. /heartattack

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I feel neither Diana Ross nor the Supremes for that matter have ever been given their proper dues and respect publicly. Many other lesser artists seem to be lauded more and that just isn't right. It is good that public people like Oprah and Hoda share their admiration publicly for the World to see.
    This might be true of the Supremes but Diana Ross has been given nearly every award there is to get - I’m not sure what else people would expect? What ideas would you have?

As an example, how many other artists have such a public 75th birthday with that kind of fuss and publicity.

It is true that the Supremes may have been overlooked because so much was concentrated on Ross. That hurts some feelings but that was the only voice the general public knew of the Supremes and you still see comments on social media of how Diana sang Stoned Love. That part is a little bit sad given that Mary and Florence are gone.