[REMOVE ADS]

Soulful australian singer renee geyer dead at age 69

This is terrible news! Her "Be There in the Morning" is a jam. Thanks, glencro...may she rest well.

An unfamiliar voice that I will now look into. Thanks for the info. This is what we are here for.

She did a respectful cover of the Supremes Touch. It's on YouTube

Bayoumm, she did indeed. In fact the entire album 'Moving Along' album is excellent. I am posting the links. The credits are impressive. Produced by Frank Wilson, includes James Jamerson, Sonny Burke, Jack Ashford, Ray Parker, Hank Cosby, Otis Stokes, Greg Poree, Ernie Watts, and Charles Veal. Stares and Whispers as done by Freda Payne...

Very early Renee doing a very accomplished performance of 'What's Going On'. Generally I will not take to other performances of What's Going On but this is an impressive live performance and very in touch with the Marvin vibe.

I never liked "Touch" until I heard Renee Geyer's version. Third time's the charm.

I recall a quote from Geyer that putting her "big pink face" on the album cover sunk its chances.