[REMOVE ADS]

Smokey Robinson Talks Diana & Aretha

Eww Vlad. Smokey should know better. Hope he showered after.

Already posted on the Motown page

I just saw that this morning. Goodness gracious

Confirmation from one of the parties - if it was necessary.

Poor Aretha Franklin; no wonder she had a messy personal life.

Is this Vlad channel something like TMZ?

Too bad Smokey has chosen to take to low road. To my knowledge Diana and Aretha never sold out their memories of Smokey.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Confirmation from one of the parties - if it was necessary.

Poor Aretha Franklin; no wonder she had a messy personal life.

Agreed. Smokey? STFU about other people's lives.

Addendum. If any [[and I mean: ANY) cisgender female performer had the face-work that Smokey has, the internet would explode. E.X.P.L.O.D.E. Hypocracy, much?

Smokey said nothing wrong. He spoke the truth!!!!!

These are historic musical artists. Truth, not candy cane spin, is important.

Was Berry married when he started his affair with Ross? I honestly don’t know the answer. If so, there is a pattern.

Regarding Aretha, so much for being a preacher’s daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Smokey said nothing wrong. He spoke the truth!!!!!

These are historic musical artists. Truth, not candy cane spin, is important.

Was Berry married when he started his affair with Ross? I honestly don’t know the answer. If so, there is a pattern.

Regarding Aretha, so much for being a preacher’s daughter.
    Berry was divorced when he and Diana began their relationship.

I thought he was separated not divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Berry was divorced when he and Diana began their relationship.

An affair or a hook up is no surprise - it’s what was going on around Motown and these were young people.

What is terribly tragic is what happened to Aretha Franklin, none of which was a secret. In Canada today, as I assume is the case in the USA and Western Europe, both the Child Protection Authorities and the police would be involved. The damage that was done to Ms. Franklin showed up again and again throughout her like. As I recall, there was another child at 13 or 14.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I thought he was separated not divorced.
    That could be true. I'm going by what Raynoma Singleton wrote in her book. She said that she and Berry got a Mexican divorce in 1963, after his affair with Margaret Norton. After the 1964 "My Guy" bootlegging debacle, Ray wrote that instead of going to jail, she signed a general release from Motown and all of its entities. She also mentioned some alimony and child support details.

Not long after, her lawyer told her that the Mexican divorce was not legal. She went to a law office in NYC and signed a bunch of documents. I assume this was a new divorce agreement. I can't swear that all of this took place before Diana and Berry began their affair in March 1965.

An affair or a hook up is no surprise - it’s what was going on around Motown and these were young people.

What is terribly tragic is what happened to Aretha Franklin, none of which was a secret. In Canada today, as I assume is the case in the USA and Western Europe, both the Child Protection Authorities and the police would be involved. The damage that was done to Ms. Franklin showed up again and again throughout her like. As I recall, there was another child at 13 or 14.
    You are correct, JRob - but ... I must add. The country of your residence ain't so squeekly clean. Murders of indigenous peoples are still rather swept under a tasteful rug. Just say'in. If an indigenous young woman of 12 or so today reported a similar situation to today's Canadian government, my guess is ... radio science.

Oh, Smoke. Telling tales and trying to be relevant. He's a pig in sheep's clothing.

He gets off on and built his interview series on the salacious details of the largely Black artists he interviews, especially when said artist has something negative to say about another artist. His is not a series devoted to uplifting the art and the artists nor acknowledging and introducing the artist to new fans and I want to vomit every time I see another Black artist giving him the time of day. Sometimes Luenell is the interviewer and I was annoyed that she allowed herself to be associated with him [[I love me some Luenell), but the couple of times I've seen her interview someone [[Chaka and Kelly Price), she seems more interested in the music stuff, although she does get into some of the drama. I was disappointed to see Smokey give Vlad the time. I'm always keeping my fingers crossed that Vladtv will wither and cease to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Oh, Smoke. Telling tales and trying to be relevant. He's a pig in sheep's clothing.
    I don't think that's true at all. Well, I do think he's trying to be "relevant" to the younger generations by appearing on this trash. What I disagree with is that he's telling a "tale" and that he's a pig. He stated this already known story very matter of factly. He didn't make Diana out to be some man stealing temptress. He didn't call her out of her name. If Diana had decided to reveal in her second sober induced autobiography that in her youth she had an affair with Smokey [[as Mary admitted to having affairs with a few named men), would she be a pig for that? I don't think so. Smokey's an idiot for walking into the trap Vlad laid out for him, but I find it hard to believe that Smokey would jeopardize his friendship with Diana by revealing something he thought might anger her. We know how she can get. Lol

All the Supremes slept with/were involved with married men at some time or another. When you're young you sometimes do foolish things. It's life. It's these old ass folks still doing some of this stuff that really leaves me flabbergasted.

You can look at it from two different angles, I guess. It takes two to tango, but I give more of a pass to a single gal than a married man. I'm not saying Diana and Mary weren't wrong for doing it, but they didn't have spouses and children at home.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    You can look at it from two different angles, I guess. It takes two to tango, but I give more of a pass to a single gal than a married man. I'm not saying Diana and Mary weren't wrong for doing it, but they didn't have spouses and children at home.
    Oh no, I thought you were referring to Smokey's pig behavior in his revelation. My apologies. I misunderstood. Oh the married person is absolutely the biggest butthole in an affair situation, although anyone who knowingly participates is also a butthole. But at the time of their situation, both Diana and Smokey were very young and young people do dumb things. Now if it comes out that Diana and Smokey been creeping recently, with Smokey being married and all, we're having a different kind of conversation.

I wonder why he decided to "confirm" things... Diana and Smokey reportedly had an affair in roughly 1962 so that would mean Diana was 17 or 18 and Smokey was 22 when their affair took place. It was said after Claudette made Smokey stop seeing Diana [[probably before Smokey claims he and Claudette agreed that Smokey not take his affairs seriously, i.e., having children) that Smokey was basically not to work with the Supremes so this would be around 1962-63, right at the point the Supremes were billed for their first HDH session for "Lovelight". As for Smokey doing VLAD, he oughta be ashamed of himself. I guess he saw the viral "popularity" the video to that horrible gospel song he did back in 2004 gave him some belief he could get with the "new crowd" or whatever SMH I can't wait until AshleySaysSo does a full video on Smokey!