[REMOVE ADS]

The Good Girls Reminisce About Their “Soul Train” Dancer Days

I was yesterday years old when I realized they started with Don as dancers.
    ”Your Sweetness” was a mood in my college days…

I knew Shireen was on ST but didn't know the other two were. I used to love the Good Girls. I had the biggest crush on Shireen and had a Good Girls poster on my wall. Lol

They had some cuts back in the day. I was glad to see them reunite awhile back and then saddened when it appeared there was some relationship breakdown between Shireen and Joyce and DaMonica, which is apparently still an issue, I guess, since Shireen didn't take part in this.

But anyway, watching the dancing, the fashions, those old photos...if I could get in a time machine...

I'm telling ya! Didn't know about the behind-the-scenes drama. Guess they couldn't be a Motown girl group without any.

Since you're a Sups-head, RanRan, what was your feeling about their "Itching" cover? I haven't heard it in ages, but I remember crying "SACRILEGE!!!" when it was released.

Honestly Sans, if I remember correctly the Good Girls version of "Itchin" was my introduction to the song. I might have vaguely known that the Supremes did it first, but I really think Donnie Simpson was how I found out "Itchin" was a cover. Lol Plus I was a few years away from being a true Supremes fan. So I never compared the Good Girls' "Itchin" to the Supremes', just like I didn't compare Kim Wilde's "Hangin On" and Sweet Sensation's "Love Child" to the originals. I guess being a kid I was able to just like the songs for what they were.

Now, how do I compare them today? I still really like the Good Girls version of "Itchin", but the Supremes put some stank on the original and that's my go-to. Believe it or not, I still love Kim's version of "Hangin'" almost as much as the Supremes, but the ladies still get the edge. Sweet Sensation...they tried.