[REMOVE ADS]

Please Mr. Postman should be our NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought overnight wouldn't it be wonderful if a nationwide campaign would begin about the dysfunctional USPS and how it has deteriorated. We could lobby to get Please Mr. Postman to become a million seller and hopefully convince someone to get involved to provide us the mail service we rightfully pay for and deserve.

What does anyone else think? It would be super to flood the airwaves with this song again.

I used to buy a lot of 45's from the States, now days the International postage is just a joke. I'm still waiting for 11 weeks to receive a record. Just about sums it up.

You have splinters in the windmills of your mind. Not happy with the USPS? Take your smart ass down and apply for a job? Have you seen USPS workers delivering mail is blizzards, rain storms and other the extreme weather. I saw USPS working delivering mail during and after earthquakes. So easy for a keyboard warrior like you to spew your crap.

Quote Originally Posted by REYnoldo Chavez View Post
    You have splinters in the windmills of your mind. Not happy with the USPS? Take your smart ass down and apply for a job? Have you seen USPS workers delivering mail is blizzards, rain storms and other the extreme weather. I saw USPS working delivering mail during and after earthquakes. So easy for a keyboard warrior like you to spew your crap.
    Speaking of asses.....

Oh how cute ... an attempt at a comeback. Gurl please.

Actually I am a man that identifies as a he/him.

Just a reminder to the membership when a member has nothing valuable or constructive to add to the forum, as the case with this person as I checked their past posts and all are negative, click on their name in a post and click on View Profile. To the left side under their member name is a link in blue to "Add To Ignore List". Click on that and it will ask you to confirm, click a resounding YES and proceed to interact with members that are worthy of doing so and not wasting your time seeing the drivel this "member" posts.

Quote Originally Posted by REYnoldo Chavez View Post
    To be fair, I think we can all agree that USPS employees work hard, but the issue is the way in which the overall mail system has been poorly managed by the government. We have had the same issue in Canada and now in the UK, with the workers having to resort to ongoing strikes, because of the poor conditions, low wages, etc. The issue is with the way the mailing systems are being managed, not with the employees themselves. I don't think anyone here is taking issue with the employees. There are issues with the way mail systems are currently being managed, all over the world, in the face of rising costs, changing consumer habits, covid, etc. Service standards are having a hard time being met, due to these challenges.
    Last edited by carlo; 01-09-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Getting back to the original post...I like this idea, Woodward.

There have been plenty of times in the past, as a regular citizen, that I would have shared in any and all frustration with the postal service. But now that I depend on them a lot more for business purposes, I am sometimes actually amazed at their efficiency. I mail packages out frequently and I have not had one complaint about one not being received, and more often than not, they arrive ahead of schedule. However I will say that there can be wide variations in the personalities you will encounter from one branch to another, so in some cases, you have to figure out which ones you would rather patronize.

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post

Just a reminder to the membership when a member has nothing valuable or constructive to add to the forum, as the case with this person as I checked their past posts and all are negative, click on their name in a post and click on View Profile. To the left side under their member name is a link in blue to "Add To Ignore List". Click on that and it will ask you to confirm, click a resounding YES and proceed to interact with members that are worthy of doing so and not wasting your time seeing the drivel this "member" posts.
    Name:  thats nice honey.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  26.2 KB Any hon ... anything you say

Amen to that

Thanks for the reminder of how to accomplish that task, DW!

I hope the complaint about the US Postal service is more aimed at its leadership and not to the front line workers, most of whom are doing their best.

As for making "Please Mr. Postman" a song to rally for reforms in the US Post Office, I'm not sure about that. The song is dated. In this age of instant messaging and smartphones, the central premise of the story of the song no longer holds much water in 2023. Writing and mailing a love letter may be a grand romantic gesture these days to show one is willing to go the extra mile, but if someone needs to hear from their beloved he or she doesn't need to wait on a post office deliverer [[male or female) to come by to deliver a letter, but can get a message on his or her phone letting him/her know he or she is thinking of them and loves them.

Thank you!

First, the title of this is deceptive. I could not figure why someone would want to replace the Star Spangled Banner with Please Mr Postman.

As for the postal service, I have always been amazed at its speed. I have mailed packages from east coast to west coast and am amazed at the speed.

My local postman goes out of his way to meet my needs.

Quality of service and speed has declined since 2020 and in my opinion the reason was political. A new postmaster general took over in June of 2020 and many services were eliminated, many drop boxes were removed and carriers had to operate under a different set of rules, which had made it difficult for them to deliver the services that we had gotten used to. The changes were made to make the 2020 mail in ballots more difficult.

There are many things wrong with the postal system and truthfully, I am not informed enough to be discussing it here.

But with all its faults, I am impressed with their service and the people that work in my local post office. I could do without the rising price but prices for everything have risen, not just postage

Well, that's my two cents. Well, with inflation, that's my ten cents

President Joe Biden signs the Postal Service Reform Act in the State Dining Room of the White House on April 6, 2022
    surely this 107,000,000,000 dollar Postal bill corrected the scheduling of removing mailboxes and requires adding ample additional ones .....

..... as well as curing all the myriad of postal complaints .....
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-11-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Hey guys, this is a stupid argument based on opinions. Try and cool it, please.