[REMOVE ADS]

Isley Brothers in the news today over trademark.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...k/70035382007/

It will be interesting to see the eventual outcome of this suit.

So sad to see two brothers fighting over money, especially at this age.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...k/70035382007/

It will be interesting to see the eventual outcome of this suit.
    What's so sad about this is that it's...sad. Whichever way this goes, the fact that it came to this is mournful. Money seems to always come between people, more so when they're in the business or entertainment field.

It is obviously a sad state of affairs but on balance I think I'm with Ron on this - assuming that there's no previous legal agreement to the contrary. Rudolph should absolutely receive royalties for anything that he contributed to up to retirement but not for anything after he retired and didn't contribute to which would seem fair.

I think, though, there could be an argument that if they're still using the Isley Brothers name, Rudolph would undoubtedly have contributed to the goodwill of the brand and so maybe could receive a percentage but not half on that basis.

Rudy Isley unfortunately has no case: he retired to become a minister in 1989 so he likely gave away every right to the name to Ronnie, which is why he was allowed to rename the group "The Isley Brothers featuring Ronald Isley". So I don't think his claim will be successful. Ronnie definitely has the upper hand. This isn't like that issue with O'Kelly's estate.