[REMOVE ADS]

Poppies and Glories....

Poppies/Glories
    Poppies Meet The Glories

CD [[Item 781925) Pavillion, Mid/Late 60s

$16.99 ... CD

Dusty Groove

A fun CD and one not seen floating around much. Worthy of any girl group collection.

Last edited by lakeside; 01-04-2023 at 11:33 AM.

Frankie Gearing quit the Steinways / Laddins to help form the Glories. They soon went on to evolve into Quiet Elegance. Just after she'd quit the Steinways, the group started coming to the UK [[with a replacement girl singer) but had to perform here as the Fabulus Platters. They put on such a good show that they were booked for 3 / 4 more UK trips over the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Frankie Gearing quit the Steinways / Laddins to help form the Glories. They soon went on to evolve into Quiet Elegance. Just after she'd quit the Steinways, the group started coming to the UK [[with a replacement girl singer) but had to perform here as the Fabulus Platters. They put on such a good show that they were booked for 3 / 4 more UK trips over the next couple of years.
    Thanks for that information. I had forgotten they evolved into Quiet Elegance with Lois Reeves [[Vandella). That's a good CD, too.

Last edited by lakeside; 01-13-2023 at 08:00 PM.

In the 90's I was over partying in St. Petersburg, Fl. at a big bar complex & there was a piano bar that we were walking through & the singer on the little stage said something that made me stop in my tracks.I told my friend that I think thats Frankie Gearing of Quiet Elegance. She came off the little stage & sat at a table & I walked over & introduced myself & she was astonished that I knew who she was.I told her I was a friend of Martha & Lois Reeves & she couldn't get over the fact I knew who she was. She was living in Daytona Beach, Fl.which I think she was originally from.

Don't forget the "Poppies" & what an album cover!

The Poppies were a sixties American girl group. Members were Dorothy Moore [of "Misty Blue" fame] Fern Kinney [who later solo recorded "Together We Are Beautiful"] and Rosemary Taylor.
    The original album track " The Love We Know" [aka "There A Pain In My Heart"] was not issued on Columbia 45 until the mid 7t's due to its demand on the Northern Soul Scene.

Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 01-27-2023 at 06:28 AM.