[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. That was quite good. JMC had such a good vocal chemistry.
    There were two arrangements for this. The other featured Jean singing solo about 40%-50%, Mary about 25% - and in a lower key. This was three decades ago, so I’m a little fuzzy on the exact details, but I know there was some harmony. I think I heard the unison version first, then the cello type versions, and then back to the unison version. I think. I do remember being taken aback and how wonderful that was. Jean was wonderful and you couldn’t hear how good Mary sounded. It was the first time I ever liked this song. I hope this shows up on YouTube sometime.

Revision to my version of the Webb album. Instead of MacArthur Park, put in the Webb song Do What you Gotta Do. Al Wilson, 4 Tops, Brenda Holloway, Nina Simone have all covered it and would have been interesting to hear JML [[with Jean on lead) take it on.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i agree,i bought this album and loved it.
    disco classic with saturday night fever a year away. some gems on this album but the group didnt survive long enough to really promote it. i read somewhere the last tracks on side 2 was going to be a single but cancelled when Mary left
    yes Love I Never Knew was released internationally as a single. but Let Yourself Go wasn't. so everyone got Wheel as the lead single and then the US did LYG and International did LINKYCFSG.

personally i think LYG should have been the lead single for all regions. it was a natural follow up to the sounds and style of Walking. Wheel is a hot dance track but not a single. the girls shout the chorus rather than sing. maybe if they'd done a DJ 12" and combined with LYG [[sort of like how they combined Prize and Boss for Diana).

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    yes Love I Never Knew was released internationally as a single. but Let Yourself Go wasn't. so everyone got Wheel as the lead single and then the US did LYG and International did LINKYCFSG.

personally i think LYG should have been the lead single for all regions. it was a natural follow up to the sounds and style of Walking. Wheel is a hot dance track but not a single. the girls shout the chorus rather than sing. maybe if they'd done a DJ 12" and combined with LYG [[sort of like how they combined Prize and Boss for Diana).
    The UK did not get Driving Wheel as a single. The only single release in the UK was LINKYCFSG.

Good point, Mowest. I absolutely LOVE Van McCoy and his productions on all of his artists including back-up vocals by Faith, Hope & Charity! It's never even occurred to me to combine a Van McCoy production with The New Supremes. But, hey, Van produced three really great Motown albums on David Ruffin. No reason why he couldn't have worked his same magic on Mary, Scherrie & Cindy, or Mary, Scherrie & Susaye.