[REMOVE ADS]

Lamont Dozier production on Lawrence Hilton Jacobs

Yep, I know this was not released on Motown,but it is Lamont Dozier writen and produced so probably fits well in this forum. I was always amazed at how Lawrence sounds exactly like Lamont, he must have followed Lamont's guide vocal precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Yep, I know this was not released on Motown,but it is Lamont Dozier writen and produced so probably fits well in this forum. I was always amazed at how Lawrence sounds exactly like Lamont, he must have followed Lamont's guide vocal precisely!

WHY DON'T I REMEMBER THIS? Sounds fantastic and this is of the era of my youth. So now, thanks to your sharing this, it finally answers a question I always had: we all know about John Travolta being shoved through the Teen Idol machine and I always wondered why Lawrence didn't get those opportunities too. But now I see he did. Whether or not this was a cash in on Welcome Back Kotter's popularity, this is very solid. There's nothing wrong with this at all. Incredibly and flawlessly produced. I love those lilting, uplifting strings. Lamont hadn't lost his touch at all and it seems Lawrence could easily have had a very good career in music. Many thanks for sharing this one.
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 01-03-2023 at 10:33 PM.

Waiting watching,

Here's the full Lawrence album composed and produced by Lamont. It is unmistakably Lamont's work, and you can hear all the phrasing and tonal signatures of Lamont throughout the recordings.
    Paul Riser and H.B. Barnum arranged strings and horns so you know its quality.

It's a good album. Wonder Woman, Time Machine and What Kind Of Man are especially good. The Youtube upload has excellent sound quality so you can really pump the volume up!
    Mike

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 01-05-2023 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Waiting watching,

Here's the full Lawrence album composed and produced by Lamont. It is unmistakably Lamont's work, and you can hear all the phrasing and tonal signatures of Lamont throughout the recordings.
    Paul Riser and H.B. Barnum arranged strings and horns so you know its quality.

It's a good album. Wonder Woman, Time Machine and What Kind Of Man are especially good. The Youtube upload has excellent sound quality so you can really pump the volume up!
    Mike

AWESOME! Thanks for the link- I'll take a listen tonight!