[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys' Tribute on The Kennedy Center Honors

Just finished watching my DVR of the show. Excellent as always.

Gladys was the first of the five honorees to be saluted and her tribute was well-done. I did find it odd that they closed her segment with a group version of That's What Friends Are For, with Patti Labelle and two other younger ladies, with Dionne nowhere in sight on the whole show. In other words, it was treated as if it were a Gladys song as opposed to a Dionne one. Anyone have any inside information as to why Dionne was not on the show since she and Gladys have always appeared to be very chummy?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Just finished watching my DVR of the show. Excellent as always.

Gladys was the first of the five honorees to be saluted and her tribute was well-done. I did find it odd that they closed her segment with a group version of That's What Friends Are For, with Patti Labelle and two other younger ladies, with Dionne nowhere in sight on the whole show. In other words, it was treated as if it were a Gladys song as opposed to a Dionne one. Anyone have any inside information as to why Dionne was not on the show since she and Gladys have always appeared to be very chummy?
    I believe Dionne was fulfilling an engagement in Hawaii when the show was taped.