[REMOVE ADS]

Diana in ABC Barbara Walters' coverage

Here in L.A., I went to turn on "Jeopardy!" at 7 p.m. on KABC7 and the ABC network was [[naturally) covering the death of Barbara Walters. Guess we get to see "Jeopardy!" at 1:08 a.m. Saturday.

At any rate, the fill-in anchor, Phil someone was showing clips from Barbara Walters' specials. Among the celebrities shown was Diana. Barbara Walters asked Diana, "What is the biggest misconception about you?" And Diana replied: "That I am a bitch." And then Diana added, "I'm like you. I have standards." And then the clips package moved onto some other celebrity.

That was classic Diana in her heyday

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    Here in L.A., I went to turn on "Jeopardy!" at 7 p.m. on KABC7 and the ABC network was [[naturally) covering the death of Barbara Walters. Guess we get to see "Jeopardy!" at 1:08 a.m. Saturday.

At any rate, the fill-in anchor, Phil someone was showing clips from Barbara Walters' specials. Among the celebrities shown was Diana. Barbara Walters asked Diana, "What is the biggest misconception about you?" And Diana replied: "That I am a bitch." And then Diana added, "I'm like you. I have standards." And then the clips package moved onto some other celebrity.
    Ah, I loved that response from Diana. As a part time musician, I can empathize with Diana's sentiments being that when I perform with others, I often get so caught up with wanting to get things right that I don't always diplomatically articulate my suggestions or 'wants.' That's not an excuse; but an explanation. It's something that Diana herself said many times that she was always working on watching the way she acted and reacted in situations. Yes, Diana, I agree and can attest that "I'm like you. I have standards."

In another interview with Diana, Barbara said to Diana, " I have to ask you, is that your real hair?". Diana says. "This is me with a little addition added on. Should I ask you if it's yours, Barbara?"

https://www.tiktok.com/@jazzdelankh/...72799719034155

Tracie posted a picture of Diana Barbara and all the Ross children and I believe Barbara’s daughter

I like the interview in which Diana Ross replies, "Next...next..."That's how you start over, "Next".

Diana gave as good as she got. The 'I have standards ...' response was viral before there was viral. There's a reason why Diana still gets major-media mentions and sells out Glastonbury and Radio City; the same reason why Walters' passing has made news. The reason? Smart, talented people.

Barbara really touched a nerve when asking what the biggest misconception was about her. Diana immediately responds by being defensive and slightly aggressive which is rather revealing. Guilty coincidence perhaps?.
    I wonder if this is how she managed to charm all those rca execs and delight her work force before they were eventually all fired.
    Standards indeed.

Ollie, when Diana left Motown, she also left the Diana the world loved and admired. Everything changed - the music, clothes, hair, and her classy feminine beauty. She became rather hard, angry, and unhappy. She forgot who and what made her a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Ollie, when Diana left Motown, she also left the Diana the world loved and admired. Everything changed - the music, clothes, hair, and her classy feminine beauty. She became rather hard, angry, and unhappy. She forgot who and what made her a star.
    I think that a fairly accurate analysis Circa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Barbara really touched a nerve when asking what the biggest misconception was about her. Diana immediately responds by being defensive and slightly aggressive which is rather revealing. Guilty coincidence perhaps?.
    I wonder if this is how she managed to charm all those rca execs and delight her work force before they were eventually all fired.
    Standards indeed.
    I didn't take it as aggressive. I think it was a passionate topic. Here we are almost 40 years later, and women are still saying the exact same thing that Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross were saying three decades ago. I didn't take that as she was getting aggressive with Barbara at all. I think she was a lot more self-assured this interview than the last one they had done, and it shows.
    Last edited by JLoveLamar; 01-18-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Love the full interview!
    Last edited by JLoveLamar; 01-18-2023 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    I didn't take it as aggressive. I think it was a passionate topic. Here we are almost 40 years later, and women are still saying the exact same thing that Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross were saying three decades ago. I didn't take that as she was getting aggressive with Barbara at all. I think she was a lot more self-assured this interview than the last one they had done, and it shows.
    This is a good post that makes sense.

There are pictures around of the Ross and Walters families hanging out - Tracey posted a picture on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    In that moment Diana does raise her voice slightly and become rather defensive. I still think it hit a nerve.
    The two women appear to have got along, so I guess nothing was taken to heart.