[REMOVE ADS]

Irma, Stevie and Others on Paul Simon Tribute

This past Wednesday night, there was a two-hour salute to Paul Simon on CBS and there were certainly some high profile stars paying tribute to him and doing his songs. Among the ones featured were Stevie Wonder, Ledisi, Irma Thomas, Jimmy Cliff, Take 6, Herbie Hancock, Bonnie Raitt, and Billy Porter.

I did not get to watch it until Christmas night. Overall a nice show except for the fact that you simply could not hear the PA announcer, so more often than not you simply had to guess at who the performers were. Irma looked quite good but her part was rather short I thought.

I haven't caught the Paul Simon Tribute Show as yet but I find this clip from the show on YouTube. "Mrs. Robinson" performed by Stevie Wonder [with Sheila E., Ledisi & The Jonas Bros.].

Yes, like most shows of this type, they bring on the younger stars to do the hits of the honoree. I guess that is the only way to get younger viewers to watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Yes, like most shows of this type, they bring on the younger stars to do the hits of the honoree. I guess that is the only way to get younger viewers to watch the show.
    Yep; and they also make sure to have veteran performers [like Stevie Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Irma Thomas & Bonnie Raitt] to get older viewers to watch the show.

Here's a link to the full show [[including ads):

https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/jY0z...qwR9lzJ64o723/