[REMOVE ADS]

If Bettye was SANGING, it must be Christmas!!!

I was out finishing up my shopping, as I am sure many of you can relate. And of course each store plays music over the intercom. So in this one particular store, were they playing Jingle Bells? No. Did that stupid Grandma get run over by yet another reindeer? No.

Instead I immediately recognized Betty LaVette's "Let Me Down Easy." So what better Christmas music could one ask for????? I might have to go back to that store more often!!!

Wonder if she has anything new in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Wonder if she has anything new in the works?
    Dave, thanx for asking. She has almost finished a new album with Steve Jordan again producing and drumming. It will be on Steve & his wife, Meegan Voss' record label, Jay-Vee records. We are currently hoping on a June 2023 release. It is quite different from past albums.

Cool! Hope they are still putting things out on CD by that time! Thanks for the update.

Can't wait for Bettye's new album! Sign me up for a CD and LP! Merry Christmas Bettye and Kevin!

Merry Christmas David!

Who dat? I've never heard of her. Is she one of the Marvylettes? Of the Vanbellas? The Supremz?