[REMOVE ADS]

Do the Supremes Hold the Record for.....

.....the most albums released by a group in one year?

interesting question. i don't know of a source that could easily tell us EVERYONE other than randomly entering names into a Wikipedia search. and then we have the issue of identifying what month in a year an album was released and is it the most in a calendar year or a rolling 12 month period. also i'm assuming that compilations outside of the group's run wouldn't be counted. so we WOULD include the 67 greatest hits for the sups but we wouldn't include things like Great Songs And Performances That Inspired the Motown 25th Anniversary and things like that.

in 1965 the supremes released 4 lps. then in 68 they released 6, including the duet work.

i looked up the Temps, the rolling stones, the beatles, and others. but then i searched Connie Francis and she had 8 albums released in 1959 [[not counting Extended Plays).

Didn't the Supremes have 5 in 1965?

CW & P
    SAM COOKE
    MORE HITS
    COPA
    MC

yep - sorry miscounted

if you do a rolling 12 months

between Nov 69 and Oct 70 they had 7 releases - Cream, GIT, GH3, Right On, Farewell, mag 7 and NW

between Aug 68 and Aug 69 there are 6

between Aug 64 and 65 there are 6, if you count the rerelease of Meet The Sups with the new cover art

During 1964, in the US, in addition to albums released on Capitol, other labels like Vee Jay and Atco released albums on the Beatles. I count somewhere around ten or so.