[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes & Diana Ross Jigsaw Puzzles

I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. As I was perusing the internet doing some Christmas shopping, I found a site that has some interesting puzzles, among them our favorite ladies. They offer 500 & 1,000 piece puzzles, either vertical or horizontal. Strangely, some photos are cropped and altered, some in an appealing manner, others not so, if you choose vertical over horizontal, and vice-versa. There are 5 pages of puzzles, including familiar photographs as well as artistic efforts. I haven't explored other Motown artists on this site yet. I, also, have not purchased or received puzzles from this site so I cannot vouch for the quality.

Happy shopping for yourself and others!

https://pixels.com/shop/puzzles/diana+ross
    Last edited by johnjeb; 12-04-2022 at 11:53 PM.

These are surprisingly well done! I love the graphic designs of many of them. I might have to get a couple of these.

Very interesting. How did you ever find these? This seems to be a real niche market in that Collectors Choice and other sites seem to have lots of rock oriented puzzles based on album covers and such, but I’ve rarely seen any based on Motown or rhythm and blues artists.

I am speculating that these are more or less made to order, I don’t see how they could keep so many different designs in print, plus they do advertise that you can have puzzles custom-made to your own photographs or your own designs. But what a fun find. I even saw Kim Weston in one, although she wasn’t identified!
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-05-2022 at 12:49 PM.

interesting ! looks like anything goes !

not a good gift for a person that's really into puzzles though, notice its the same puzzle piece over and over again and in rows. Scratch that , but shapes are basically the same, better, but not the best

Diana Ross The Supreme Jigsaw Puzzle

Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-05-2022 at 02:15 PM.

That’s Diana Ross???

Actually the one I was referring to, I misidentified as Kim Weston. It’s actually Brenda Holloway and looks like a well-known photograph of her as I recall. Strange she’s not identified in the puzzle itself.

Here it is.

Name:  too-hot-for-motown-rob-de-vries.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  37.6 KB
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-05-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post

not a good gift for a person that's really into puzzles though, notice its the same puzzle piece over and over again and in rows. Scratch that , but shapes are basically the same, better, but not the best

I wonder if the likeness is available in poster form?. Not one for the family album methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I wonder if the likeness is available in poster form?. Not one for the family album methinks.
    well the teeth are 'bout right ...

well the teeth are 'bout right ...
    Hand on heart, do you really think.........

Well I would have to actually SEE one of these before I would believe it. I still remember a few years ago when more than one of us was burned by that con artist who was offering the Motown-themed drink coasters and that turned out to be a complete scam.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Well I would have to actually SEE one of these before I would believe it. I still remember a few years ago when more than one of us was burned by that con artist who was offering the Motown-themed drink coasters and that turned out to be a complete scam.
    Yes! The internet is little more than a scam artist convention center. I would be VERY skeptical. Plus nothing here looks like Diana Ross or anyone else famous.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Plus nothing here looks like Diana Ross or anyone else famous.
    Though not particularly flattering, i would certainly guess the image was intended to be Diana Ross......Hopefully it being not one ever likely to make the cover of any intended “Hits” package.

that is not diana ross. That is Dustin Hoffman‘s mother

A few years back, someone was offering a Supremes "book" which ended up to be a printed version of the Supremes Wiki.

Buyer beware.