[REMOVE ADS]

Billy Preston Motown albums released digitally

Billy Preston's missing Motown albums have been released on all digital platforms. Not sure when, but I check once in a while and now they showed up as being available:

- Late At Night
    - Fast Break soundtrack
    - The Way I am
    - Pressin' On

The sound is excellent on these releases. Unfortunately no new version of the "Billy Preston & Syreeta" album has been made available so we still have the files from horrible Soulmusic.com release which was mastered very poorly [[and clearly from vinyl).

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post
    Billy Preston's missing Motown albums have been released on all digital platforms. Not sure when, but I check once in a while and now they showed up as being available:

- Late At Night
    - Fast Break soundtrack
    - The Way I am
    - Pressin' On

The sound is excellent on these releases. Unfortunately no new version of the "Billy Preston & Syreeta" album has been made available so we still have the files from horrible Soulmusic.com release which was mastered very poorly [[and clearly from vinyl).
    Billy Preston and Syreeta is available on CD. Not a great lp, but not bad.

At first Motown got behind Preston and gave him promotion. His Late At Night lp actually broke late off the unexpected success of With You I'm Born Again. For whatever reason future projects by Preston got little promotion.

For whatever reason future projects by Preston got little promotion.

Was that something to do with his sexuality and later conviction?

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post

- Late At Night
    - Fast Break soundtrack
    - The Way I am
    - Pressin' On

I find it slightly bizarre that this happens without any sort of notification/promotion [unless I’ve just missed it]. They’ve obviously gone through the trouble of digitally remastering the LPs, then releasing them on iTunes/Spotify/etc, but actually not telling anyone…!?

Anyway, this is great and I will download them soon