[REMOVE ADS]

Upcoming Dionne release........

Soul Tracks is hinting at a February release entitled The Warner Brothers Years. I am just betting that David Nathan will be behind it. So let's spill whatever we might know or may have heard about it.

Will it be a box set similar to the Arista release? Any previously unreleased material? And for heaven's sake, make it available on CD whatever it is!!!

Details details!!!!

Cool! Thanks for the heads up, daviddesper. I'm also betting that it will be an albums box in the same format as the Arista box that David Nathan produced. I'm not holding my breath for any unreleased tracks though, but maybe they'll include the disc of unreleased Warner gems that came out several years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Soul Tracks is hinting at a February release entitled The Warner Brothers Years. I am just betting that David Nathan will be behind it. So let's spill whatever we might know or may have heard about it.

Will it be a box set similar to the Arista release? Any previously unreleased material? And for heaven's sake, make it available on CD whatever it is!!!

Details details!!!!
    I hope i am wrong but i don't think there is much if any unreleased Warners material. We did get an album of rare and unreleased material around 10 years ago and all Dionne's Warners albums have been released on CD. I will give David Nathan a call and try and find out more info.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post

Details details!!!!
    It looks like it will be a box set based on the title The Warner Bros. Recordings 1972-1977. Thanks for the news daviddesper [PS- "Keep 'Em Coming"].

I don't care if I already have 8 copies of every song on it, I will still buy it if it is available as a CD boxed set, which it sounds like it will be. Although many people considered that period of time to be her "down time", I think the material was tremendous and she could have had some major hits if there had not been so much behind-the-scenes drama going on. Ironically for my tastes, the first and last WB albums were the best of her output on the label. I could listen to "I Just Have to Breathe" and "Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?" all day every day. So yes, I will VERY MUCH look forward to this release.

My favourite Dionne album from that era is Track of the Cat. Awesome from start to finish. The other Warner albums are a bit uneven for me, but have great songs throughout. I may get this, if anything, just to compliment the Arista box I already have, even though I own all of these albums on CD.

As I've written before, now I'm at the point where I'm buying these sets for the detailed notes because I already have the music. I probably won't rush to get this one but I'm sure I ultimately will.

I have all the WB albums on lp and cd, even some of those expensive Jap remasters.
    My favourite albums are Track Of The Cat and this one:
    Will get this box set also and hope it includes everything from the japanese remasters also.

Excellent taste Jack. For an album that had no hits and apparently sold poorly, it has incredible material. As I posted previously, the opening cut is stunning, with what I presume to be Burt on piano. There are other strong cuts with a socially-conscious theme. An all-around excellent album that should have continued her successful string of 60s hits.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...7-6cd-box-set/

• Deluxe 6CD box set focuses on the Warner Bros. Records’ catalogue by the iconic Donne Warwick.
    • Featuring 85 tracks, this stellar collection highlights the legendary singer’s critically acclaimed five albums with Warner Brothers, released between 1972 and 1977.
    • With four of the albums are expanded with a total of 24 bonus tracks including single edits and rarities.
    • Plus a first-ever compilation disc of 16 additional bonus tracks, featuring all the non-album recordings she made with various producers in 1973 and 1974. ‘You Are A Song’ is named after one of seven tracks from sessions with producer Tony Camillo, marking their first official Warner Music Group CD release.
    • Also included is a previously unreleased extended version of ‘We Need To Go Back’ produced by
    Ashford & Simpson.
    ‘Sure Thing’ captures Dionne’s array of recordings for Warner Brothers, acknowledged as an often-overlooked yet musically satisfying bridge between her stunning decade of classic hits with Scepter Records in the 60s and the 20-years-plus documented fully on the ‘Déjà Vu: The Arista Recordings’ 12CD SoulMusic Records box set.
    Key tracks and highlights include ‘Then Came You,’ Dionne’s chart-topping 1974 hit duet with The Spinners and ‘Just As Long As We Have Love,’ the single’s much-loved ‘B’ side; ‘You’re Gonna Need Me’ from the Holland-Dozier-Holland-produced LP, ‘Just Being Myself,’ sampled by global hitmaker Usher on ‘Throwback’ in 2004; a rare 12” special disco mix of the Thom Bell- produced ‘Once You Hit The Road’; and rare groove favourite ‘Move Me No Mountain,’ from Dionne’s recordings with Jerry Ragovoy.
    Compiled and co-produced for SoulMusic Records by label founder David Nathan and Joe Marchese of The Second Disc, this beautifully crafted set includes Marchese’s extensive career- spanning liner notes with quotes from previously unpublished interviews with Dionne, Burt Bacharach, Thom Bell and Brian Holland; a sequential sessionography; stunning artwork from John Sellards [[including the cover for ‘You Are The Song’) and excellent mastering by Nick Robbins from digital sources provided by Warner Brothers.
    Track Listing:
    DISC ONE
    DIONNE
    1. I Just Have To Breathe
    2. The Balance Of Nature
    3. If You Never Say Goodbye
    4. Close To You
    5. My First Night Alone Without You
    6. Be Aware
    7. Love Song
    8. One Less Bell To Answer
    9. If We Only Have Love
    10. Hasbrook Heights
    DISC TWO
    JUST BEING MYSELF [[Expanded
    Edition)
    1. You’re Gonna Need Me
    2. I Think You Need Love
    3. You Are The Heart Of Me
    4. I Always Get Caught In The Rain
    5. Don’t Let My Teardrops Bother You
    6. [[I’m) Just Being Myself
    7. Come Back
    8. Don’t Burn The Bridge [[That Took You
    Across)
    Bonus Tracks
    9. Too Far Out Of Reach
    10. It Hurts Me So
    11. I Think You Need Love [[Single Edit)
    12. Don’t Let My Teardrops Bother You [[Single Edit)
    13. [[I’m) Just Being Myself [[Single Edit)
    14. You’re Gonna Need Me [[Single Edit)
    DISC THREE
    YOU ARE A SONG [[The 1973-1974 Sessions)
    1. We Need To Go Back [[Extended Version) [[Previously Unreleased)
    2 Someone Else Gets The Prize
    3. We Need To Go Back
    4. You Are The Sunlight, I Am The Moon
    5. The Laughter And The Tears
    6. Give A Little Laughter
    7. Seeing You Again
    8. Loving You Is Just An Old Habit
    9. Best Thing That Ever Happened
    10. You Are A Song
    11. The Need To Be
    12. In Between The Heartaches
    13. Don’t Say I Didn’t Tell You So
    14. And Then You Know What He Did
    15. And Then He Walked Right Through The Door
    16. Plastic City
    DISC FOUR
    THEN CAME YOU [[Expanded)
    1. Take It From Me
    2. We’ll Burn Our Bridges Behind Us
    3. Sure Thing
    4. Dionne Warwick & The Spinners: Then Came You
    5. How Can I Tell Him
    6. Move Me No Mountain
    7. I Can’t Wait To See My Baby’s Face
    8. It’s Magic
    9. Who Knows
    10. Getting In My Way
    Bonus Tracks
    11. Meant To Be
    12. Dionne Warwick And The Spinners: Just As Long As We Have Love
    DISC FIVE
    TRACK OF THE CAT [[Expanded)
    1. Track Of The Cat
    2. His House And Me
    3. Ronnie Lee
    4. World Of My Dreams
    5. Jealousy
    6. This Is Love
    7. Love Me One More Time
    8. Once You Hit The Road
    Bonus Tracks
    9. One Last Memory
    10. I Found Someone Else
    11. Once You Hit The Road [[12’ Single Special Disco Mix)
    12. World Of My Dreams [[Edit)
    13. Once You Hit The Road [[Edit)
    14. His House And Me [[Edit)
    15. I Didn’t Mean To Love You [[Edit)
    DISC SIX
    LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
    [[Expanded) The 1976 Sessions
    1. He’s Not For You
    2. I Didn’t Mean To Love You
    3. I’ll Never Make It Easy
    4. Am I Too Late
    5. Rest Your Love On Me
    6. Make A Little Love To Me
    7. Keep Me Warm
    Original LP
    8. Keepin’ My Head Above Water
    9. Love In The Afternoon
    10. A Long Way To Go
    11. Do I Have To Cry
    12. Don’t Ever Take Your Love Away
    13. One Thing On My Mind
    14. Early Morning Strangers
    15. Livin’ It Up Is Starting To Get Me Down
    16. Since You Stayed Here
    17. Do You Believe In Love At First Sight
    Bonus Tracks
    18. Don’t Ever Take Your Love Away [[Edit)
    19. Room Enough

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    This is a must for a Dionne completist like me [although I already have 4 of the original albums]. Looks amazing! Oh, my aching bank account. Thanks!

Thanks for this information!!! David Nathan rides again!!!! I am intrigued by that cover art on the far right. Rather surprised that it is being promoted this early in the game. Hope that date does not get delayed as they sometimes do.

So happy it's got all the extra tracks on the HDH album. But even the other albums, Dionne was continue to put out the best music. Wonderful box set.

Nice!! Thanks Jack!

I also found this LP and bought it:

EXTREMELY LIMITED 180 GRAM VINYL PRESSING

LP EDITION - JAPANESE IMPORT

INCLUDES 6 BONUS TRACKS

Dionne Warwick's performance repertoire. Interestingly, the same recordings of both the latter track and "I Smiled Yesterday" had also been included on her debut LP, Presenting Dionne Warwick. However, that didn't seem to deter her listeners.
    As a bonus, six additional songs have been included on this remastered reissue, consisting of well-known staples from the same period, such as the great "Don't Make Me Over" [[which became the first of Warwick's collaborations with Bacharach & David to hit the pop chart), "Make the Music Play," "Getting Ready for the Heartbreak," and "This Empty Place." This is an indispensable set for any soul and pop devotee.
    PERSONNEL:

• DIONNE WARWICK - lead vocals
    • Orchestra arranged and conducted by Burt Bacharach [[who also plays piano).

New York City, 1962-1964
    TRACKS:

• SIDE A
    • A1. A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME
    • A2. PEOPLE
    • A3. THEY LONG TO BE CLOSE TO YOU
    • A4. THE LAST ONE TO BE LOVED
    • A5. LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE
    • A6. REACH OUT FOR ME
    • A7. MAKE THE MUSIC PLAY [[*)
    • A8. MAKE IT EASY ON YOURSELF [[*)
    • A9. DON’T MAKE ME OVER [[*)

• SIDE B
    • B1. YOU’LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN [[IF YOU BREAK MY HEART)
    • B2. WALK ON BY
    • B3. WISHIN’ AND HOPIN’
    • B4. I SMILED YESTERDAY
    • B5. GET RID OF HIM
    • B6. MAKE THE NIGHT A LITTLE LONGER
    • B7. IT’S LOVE THAT REALLY COUNTS [[*)
    • B8. GETTING READY FOR THE HEARTBREAK [[*)
    • B9. THIS EMPTY PLACE [[*)

I also found this LP and bought it:
    It's very interesting how they repackage albums for foreign territories. Many years ago, I bought an album with the same cover and text as the bottom item displayed here. But mine is called FREEWHEELIN' DIONNE WARWICK.

Yes, I love the cover of that Freewheelin' compilation, Reese! I came across that UK LP a few years ago in a local Canadian record shop and had not seen it before. I was going to pick it up but the disc was in rough shape.

Perhaps I will get this new Japanese release. Thanks Jack! You're on top of all of these new releases...you're the man!
    Last edited by carlo; 12-04-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Hey Carlo, thnx but thats Marvin!

Hey Carlo, thnx but thats Marvin!
    Hehehe good one! It took me a second to get your joke, lol.