[REMOVE ADS]

Diana to release limited edition "the greatest" on clear vinyl

Six decades of singles in one compilation.

Diana Ross is releasing her greatest hits compilation, The Greatest, on limited clear vinyl this December.

Featuring cuts like “Baby Love”, “You Can’t Hurry Love”, and “Where Did Our Love Go” from her time with The Supremes and solo hits including “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”, The Greatest is a journey through a six-decade spanning career.

You can pre-order The Greatest on clear vinyl ahead of its December 9 release.

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/Diana-...LP/7H5O1P1I000

There is also a link for their US Store

Tracklist:

Side A:
    1. Where Did Our Love Go [[with The Supremes)
    2. Baby Love [[with The Supremes)
    3. Stop! In The Name Of Love [[with The Supremes)
    4. You Can’t Hurry Love [[with The Supremes)
    5. You Keep Me Hangin’ On [[with The Supremes)
    6. The Happening [[with The Supremes)
    7. Reflections [[with The Supremes)
    8. Love Child [[with The Supremes)
    9. I’m Gonna Make You Love Me [[with The Supremes and The Temptations)

Side B:
    1. Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody’s Hand)
    2. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
    3. Remember Me
    4. I’m Still Waiting
    5. Surrender
    6. Touch Me In The Morning
    7. You Are Everything [[with Marvin Gaye)

Side C:
    1. Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You’re Going To)
    2. Love Hangover
    3. The Boss
    4. Its My House
    5. Upside Down
    6. I’m Coming Out

Side D:
    1. Endless Love [[duet with Lionel Richie)
    2. Why Do Fools Fall In Love [[Warner)
    3. Work That Body [[Warner)
    4. Chain Reaction [[Warner)
    5. When You Tell Me That You Love Me [[Warner)
    6. One Shining Moment [[Warner)

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/dia...reatest-vinyl/

I went to the US store and they don't have it.....?

It seems to be a UK-only release. Amazon.com has it up for pre-order as an import...

https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Dian...s%2C117&sr=8-2

Thanks Carlo.
    I hate all the "limited edition" records released today that give absolutely NO indication of the edition size. I call these "UNlimited limited editions".....I think they will sell as many as they can to be honest. If you notice every record Wal Mart carries now is in a "limited edition" color. I've seen the same ones for sale for years, its all hype friends......Not sure if I will buy this one or not.
    Darin

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Thanks Carlo.
    I hate all the "limited edition" records released today that give absolutely NO indication of the edition size. I call these "UNlimited limited editions".....I think they will sell as many as they can to be honest. If you notice every record Wal Mart carries now is in a "limited edition" color. I've seen the same ones for sale for years, its all hype friends......Not sure if I will buy this one or not.
    Darin

At least with this limited "clear vinyl'' edition you can see right through their gimmickry!!

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    Thanks Carlo.
    Darin
    I agree with you on that, Darin. It's indeed very much all hype, as so many vinyl releases these days tend to be mass produced, and some have very little quality control or attention paid to proper audio sourcing/mastering for vinyl. Someone said it best on another forum...collecting vinyl these days can be compared to the 90's Beanie Baby craze, especially when you get into all of the various limited editions and coloured discs that they put out simultaneously, for a new high-profile album.

It wouldn't surprise me if Universal UK is just using the same audio from the CD master for this vinyl pressing. You see that done a lot these days with the vinyl reissues coming from the big labels. It's easy and quick money for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    At least with this limited "clear vinyl'' edition you can see right through their gimmickry!!
    Lol good one

The only think stopping me from purchasing this vinyl is the album art. Couldn't they have done something different ? I already have this cover art on my wall in pink vinyl for the remixes.

DIANA ROSS
    US$36.99

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    The only think stopping me from purchasing this vinyl is the album art. Couldn't they have done something different ? I already have this cover art on my wall in pink vinyl for the remixes.

DIANA ROSS
    US$36.99
    I totally agree. I would have bought this in a heartbeat if it had a different cover. I too already have the vinyl of the remixes with this cover.

In terms of the selection of songs, I think this is a really excellent compilation. In terms of the vinyl reissue, I wouldn’t buy, but I don’t even have a player.