[REMOVE ADS]

A Cautionary Tale - Tyrone Thomas Discusses The Classic 7 Minutes Of Funk

Tyrone Thomas & The Whole Darn Family created one of Hip-Hops most sampled classics & a funk bomb in its own right, the downright NAASTY "& Minutes Of Funk". He discusses the making of it, as well as how easy it was & still is to get screwed out of what's rightfully yours. These kind of stories just make me sick:

Great stuff Juice. I think August Moon was involved with above record .

7 minutes was cool and it has history of being sampled quite a bit but to me
    that bassline that Tyrone describes as being so important and unique, to me
    always sounded like an appropriation of Marshall Jones bassline from the Ohio Players
    hit Skin Tight...JMHO....

It was happening all the time in classic soul music,during the mid 80s to early 90s. Many artists weren't aware that their music has been sampled until later, and wouldn't recieve a penny for copyright or publishing rights.
    I believe all of that has changed now.If a current rapper of singer uses a portion of a artist song,they have to mention their name in the credits.