[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Ad Asta fan club

Are there any UK collectors on SDF who have back copies of " Motown Ad Astra" , fan club magazines.
    the club was run by Sharon Davis.

correction to heading.
    Motown Ad Astra

Yes I have a couple of issues of TCB [[the magazine of the fan club) - one has a lovely photo of Tammi Terrell on the front. Not sure where I've put 'em though lol. Sharon Davis was the main driver on these. One such can be seen on Ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/192429662754

This may also be of interest - https://soulmusic.com/motown-spotlight-may-2021/

Thanks...got the information I needed.

I knew of Motown Ad Astra and have a vague memory of having one copy of it. I began getting Home of the Blues a few months before it morphed into Blues & Soul, which I continued to be a subscriber to into the late 80s. I was a Black Music subscriber from issue 1 again into the 80s.
    My collection of both left me via a certain well known auction site, and I can tell you they raised a tidy amount of money.
    However I still have 15-20 issues of Shout fanzine, produced with love by Clive Richardson and friends, in all their stencilled glory. I’ve recently been re-reading them for the umpteenth time

I joined Four Tops UK fan club, which merged with other UK fan clubs into " Motown Ad Astra".
    I was sure that a Motown discography was printed by the club, and I wanted to prove that Frank Wilson's 45[[ you may have heard it LOL) was listed, as I recall seeing it.
    Someone has copied it for me and it is clearly listed...this is around 1970/71, and rather disproving a certain DJ's claim.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I joined Four Tops UK fan club, which merged with other UK fan clubs into " Motown Ad Astra".
    I was sure that a Motown discography was printed by the club, and I wanted to prove that Frank Wilson's 45[[ you may have heard it LOL) was listed, as I recall seeing it.
    Someone has copied it for me and it is clearly listed...this is around 1970/71, and rather disproving a certain DJ's claim.
    Is that the fullscap stencilled list which included things like a VIP copy of the Velvelette's These Things.

Hello John
    somebody copied a booklet listing connected to Motown Ad Astra...by Paul Williams.
    not quite as I remembered it.....I think the MAA mag may have used his lists.
    But the copy suppied on another site clearly had FW on there, which was how I remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Hello John
    somebody copied a booklet listing connected to Motown Ad Astra...by Paul Williams.
    not quite as I remembered it.....I think the MAA mag may have used his lists.
    But the copy suppied on another site clearly had FW on there, which was how I remembered it.
    I vaguely remember it now. Thank you