[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Mary & Cindy

Mary & Cindy

In many ways, the Supremes during my young days were always Mary [[may she rest in peace) and Cindy [[prayers and love during her illness). Which grouping do you prefer with them?
    Diana, Mary & Cindy

Jean, Mary & Cindy

Mary, Scherrie & Cindy

My favorite grouping is Diana, Mary, and Flo. All of my favorite recordings as well as favorite tv appearances come from that line-up.

I hasten to add that I certainly appreciate the later members. When I became aware of the group, the lineup was DMC but I only have vague memories of them together. I actually have more concrete memories of the JMC lineup. During the 70s, I ended up buying many DMC and JMC albums in the cut-out bins of Woolworth's and Bradlee's.

But I was always fascinated with the earlier albums, as seen on those old Motown inner sleeves. For some reason, I never saw any DMF albums in the cut-out bins so they were seemed unattainable to me. It wasn't until the release of the 1974 ANTHOLOGY [which I bought with that year's birthday money] that I finally had all of the DMF classics in my possession.

i think MJC were a very strong trio with jean covering the majority of the leads and then mary handling some and cindy a handful. i thought their attempt at a new sound and image [[a trio of love singing about world peace, god, nature and all) was spot on. unfortunately it just didn't evolve and develop

SMC had some of the best vocals. their 3-part harmonies on the Sup 75 album, especially the Ivey Woodford tracks, were sensational. and in their live setting, they were able to reproduce these rather faithfully

I just realized that I misinterpreted the original question thinking that we were being asked for our favorite grouping period.

When it comes to Mary and Cindy, my favorite grouping is DMC, followed by JMC.