[REMOVE ADS]

Thriller 40th Anniversary 11/30/2022

Memories of happier times.

Thriller Turns 40

Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller image
    Forty years ago today, Michael Jackson released his landmark album, “Thriller.”

Remember songs such as Billie Jean, Thriller, PYT, Beat It, Human Nature, Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin, The Girl Is Mine [[with Paul McCartney)

And the video … Jackson was the first artist whose music video was actually, a movie, directed by an actual famous movie director, John Landis.

As Michael Jackson himself sang two albums later, "Remember The Time". I remember hearing the first single from Thriller, "The Girl Is Mine [with PaulMcCartney] weeks before the LP was released and I wasn't impressed. So I didn't get Thriller when it first came out. When I heard the other cuts from the album at my local record store, that changed everything and I grabbed my copy on the spot.

Also, Thriller has returned to the Billboard Top Ten for it's 40th Anniversary.

Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ Returns To Billboard Top 10 After 38 Years [yahoo.com]