[REMOVE ADS]

Former Ladies Fans

Are there any Former Ladies fans out there? I have always loved ALL of the Supremes - never taken sides as so many do - and I am a real fan of the FLO's recordings.

The FLO's recordings have been repackaged as "The Supremes" ad nauseam, and I know that is a point of contention even among fans, but that is not the group's fault. That is the greed of the record companies, pure and simple...

The music, itself, is really good. I think the remakes of many Supremes hits, cut with Sundray Tucker, are among the best, and Lynda Laurence did a great job on some of those tracks as well. She never got a chance to shine as an actual Supreme, but she definitely excels as a Former Lady.

As I write this I am listening to a UK-issued CD, "Songs In The Name Of Love," and I really, really like it. Great versions of some great songs. Not The Supremes, but damn good versions of these songs!

Are there other fans?

I love all the permutations of the women who were Supremes, and FLOS is no exception! I particularly like their cover of D'Atra Hicks' "I Wanna[/Want to] Be Loved"; the FLOS version has even more oomph than D'Atra's, who is no vocal slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    Are there any Former Ladies fans out there? I have always loved ALL of the Supremes - never taken sides as so many do - and I am a real fan of the FLO's recordings.

The FLO's recordings have been repackaged as "The Supremes" ad nauseam, and I know that is a point of contention even among fans, but that is not the group's fault. That is the greed of the record companies, pure and simple...

The music, itself, is really good. I think the remakes of many Supremes hits, cut with Sundray Tucker, are among the best, and Lynda Laurence did a great job on some of those tracks as well. She never got a chance to shine as an actual Supreme, but she definitely excels as a Former Lady.

As I write this I am listening to a UK-issued CD, "Songs In The Name Of Love," and I really, really like it. Great versions of some great songs. Not The Supremes, but damn good versions of these songs!

Are there other fans?
    I like them and follow them.

Yes, I am a FLOS fan. Generally speaking, their re-recordings of the Supremes' hits have never been my favourite. I prefer the covers and original songs that they've recorded over the years...some I can think of, off the top of my head, include Sisters United [[We're Taking Control), Stop To Love, Just Like That, Hit & Miss [[love the Richard Gow remix), First Time On A Ferris Wheel, and Unconditional Love.

I'm a fan, too. They recorded a ton of stuff, especially when they were working with Eric Iverson in the UK. Some of the re-records are pretty karaoke background, though. Sundray brough a new spark to the group vocally. I have all her recordings on Driving Wheel Records in the UK. Love 'Hit & Miss' when Jean was in the group. Lynda tore that one up. I must say that Christmas CD they released a couple of years ago was not good. But I still play it around the holidays because it's them. If you can get a hold of
    The Supremes Triple Treasure' box set, it's well worth the money. As is 'The Supreme Voices collection which includes CD I 'Supremes Voices' remastered, CD 2 Bonus tracks and remixed and CD 3 The 20th Anniversary Concert DVD Live at the Fonda Theater Hollywood, CA. I believe I've read this was Cindy's last public appearance. She gave a heartfelt speech when the awards were handed out. This whole project was produced by Rick Gianatos. I do not believe it's available on amazon anymore. I remember it selling out several times when it came out.

Last edited by lakeside; 11-23-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Yes, that Supreme Voices collection is a great set, lakeside. I remember liking a lot of tracks on this one, including the various remixes of Give Me The Night. It's been a while since I've given this a spin, so I'm glad you've reminded me of it.

The DVD is a wonderful bonus too.

I agree that the Scherrie and Susaye, featuring Joyce "A Supreme Christmas" EP was pretty bad. Susaye's version of "Oh Holy Night" was especially hard to listen to. Still, like the other responder said, I play it from time to time.

I have been very disappointed that the "Supremely Yours II" album never came out. It was recorded with Lynda. After she left, it was reported that Susaye was overdubbing and re-recording some parts so the album could still be released... Then, Nothing! for the life of me, I cannot understand why producers work with artists and record material, then they refuse to release it. I know it is expensive to release physical product [[CD's, LP's - which I still highly prefer), but it is not all that costly to put completed recordings onto the streaming services and sell them through Amazon Music and Itunes. At least that would get the music out to the fans in some capacity. I realize that 4 tracks from the "Supremely Yours II" sessions were released digitally, but where is the rest of the album???

Also, we keep hearing that there is a second volume of "Vinetage Scherrie." Will we ever see that? We got a teaser track a few months back, but will we ever get the entire album?

I just read Martha Reeves' memoirs and I was a bit surprised that she said Scherrie, Jean and Lynda shouldn't have toured as the FLOs. She said the FLO's were taking money out of Mary Wilson's pocket or words to that effect. She also ranted about "fake groups" touring, for instance, the Coasters, who had zero original members in the then touring group that she often shared the bill with. Now, I can see that stance, but Scherrie, Jean and Lynda. They were Supremes, no doubt about it, so in my opinion they had every right to tour as former Supremes. I was surprised that Martha felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    I just read Martha Reeves' memoirs and I was a bit surprised that she said Scherrie, Jean and Lynda shouldn't have toured as the FLOs. She said the FLO's were taking money out of Mary Wilson's pocket or words to that effect. She also ranted about "fake groups" touring, for instance, the Coasters, who had zero original members in the then touring group that she often shared the bill with. Now, I can see that stance, but Scherrie, Jean and Lynda. They were Supremes, no doubt about it, so in my opinion they had every right to tour as former Supremes. I was surprised that Martha felt that way.
    During Martha's appearance on MIKE AND MARY [with Mary and Otis Williams], I remember her strong stance against imposter groups. She talked about a group she called "The Coasting Drifters". Apparently, this same group of men would appear as either the Coasters or Drifters, whatever the promoter decided. She also said that she had found out that there was a fake Martha and the Vandellas working on the West Coast.

Re the Flos, in her book, I think Martha said something about them trying to replace Mary in the European touring market. I would guess that there were times when Mary and the Flos might compete for the same job. But I don't agree with Martha calling them "Fake Supremes," especially since at the time of her writing [[1993), the Flos were Jean, Lynda, and Scherrie, all legitimate members of the Supremes.

Mark Bego co wrote the book with Martha. He's a good friend to Mary and not above stirring up some drama so he may have had an influence on that passage in Martha's book.

The former ladies of the Supremes are quite talented and some of their recordings are quite enjoyable. Some of their recordings are just rehashes of previous Supremes songs with them singing it over some karaoke style music. With the exception of Freddie Poole, all of the members have been former Supremes and in the case of Sundray Tucker, who auditioned but the job went to Lynda and Joyce Vincent, who was the choice had the Supremes gone on, there is a definite connection. I don't know about Martha's book or Mark Bego's influence but remember Mary fought for Jean to be a Supreme instead of Syreeta and she hired most of the other members on her own. When Jean and Lynda left they did want to continue on but changing the name of the group and here they were using the name again after leaving and rejecting it. I know they somehow won a lawsuit overseas to the name Supremes. I would think since Mary had that legacy and fought so many lawsuits over the name and they wanted to leave without it yet here they were using it and fighting in court for it, well..... Imagine how you would feel. Plus, I am sure their price was lower than Mary's and it probably did cost her some gigs in Europe. Still, they do sound great and I do wish I could see them here in the States. That name though, now-Scherrie and Susaye, formerly of the Supremes with Joyce Vincent-just a bit too much.

Jim--they had to call themselves that for legal reasons.

Jim--they had to call themselves that for legal reasons.
    Bobby, I can certainly understand that. The truth in music act was passed to protect original group members. Imagine a group like the Temptations that had so many members, they could have tons of competing groups out there . Dennis Edwards even called his group Dennis Edwards' Temptations Revue. The FLOs haven't had three members who were all former Supremes since Jean left. Still, that title is clunky for Scherrie & Susaye.

Mary Wilson should have been focusing on making sure that her name stood alone. The fight was that Mary's sometimes ambiguous way of billing herself- of the Supremes vs and the Supremes vs with the Supremes [[and yes, I do know that sometimes the billing was done by venues and promotors, not always Mary herself)- put her in competition for jobs with a group of ladies who could legitimately claim to be the Supremes. Why should the FLOS have had to take a step back from capitalizing off of their work history in order for Mary to work more? That's unfair, as is the criticism that they were willing to walk away from the name and so somehow are hypocritical for using the name later on.

None of those women had anything against the name Supremes. The name was an issue when Jean and Lynda had the great idea- and IMO it was a great idea- to leave Motown, and if they had to leave the name behind to do it, so be it. These ladies were trying to work and get the most out of it. Motown wasn't working for them. Jean and Lynda were wise enough to know that if the organization you work for isn't working for you, it's time to find somewhere else to work. Mary, afraid of taking a risk and crapping out, chose to remain with Motown as a Supreme as if things would change for the group. It didn't. Not to mention Motown got one over on Mary by securing the rights to the name and so she ended up walking away from the group her damn self and into a lengthy battle to use it. Mary should have focused on making the name MARY WILSON it's very own thing. Everybody would know she was THE Mary Wilson anyway. She should have let the FLOS book their Supremes show. Had Mary's show been focused on Mary and not Supremes-ing, she could have elevated her stock by a whole lot. She was too talented and much loved to have to rest so much on her time as a Supreme in order to be booked. But that wasn't the FLOS fault and they should never be criticized for doing what they felt they needed to do in order to get work.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Mary Wilson should have been focusing on making sure that her name stood alone. The fight was that Mary's sometimes ambiguous way of billing herself- of the Supremes vs and the Supremes vs with the Supremes [[and yes, I do know that sometimes the billing was done by venues and promotors, not always Mary herself)- put her in competition for jobs with a group of ladies who could legitimately claim to be the Supremes. Why should the FLOS have had to take a step back from capitalizing off of their work history in order for Mary to work more? That's unfair, as is the criticism that they were willing to walk away from the name and so somehow are hypocritical for using the name later on.

None of those women had anything against the name Supremes. The name was an issue when Jean and Lynda had the great idea- and IMO it was a great idea- to leave Motown, and if they had to leave the name behind to do it, so be it. These ladies were trying to work and get the most out of it. Motown wasn't working for them. Jean and Lynda were wise enough to know that if the organization you work for isn't working for you, it's time to find somewhere else to work. Mary, afraid of taking a risk and crapping out, chose to remain with Motown as a Supreme as if things would change for the group. It didn't. Not to mention Motown got one over on Mary by securing the rights to the name and so she ended up walking away from the group her damn self and into a lengthy battle to use it. Mary should have focused on making the name MARY WILSON it's very own thing. Everybody would know she was THE Mary Wilson anyway. She should have let the FLOS book their Supremes show. Had Mary's show been focused on Mary and not Supremes-ing, she could have elevated her stock by a whole lot. She was too talented and much loved to have to rest so much on her time as a Supreme in order to be booked. But that wasn't the FLOS fault and they should never be criticized for doing what they felt they needed to do in order to get work.
    I agree she should have done more to try to establish herself as Mary Wilson solo act, but bills had to be paid so off to the oldies circuit to perform. And alas given her name and never having a solo hit, or even a solo Supremes lead hit song, she had to use the Supremes name to bill herself to get gigs and have an audience turn out. And her name was too close to that of Mary Wells and some of the general public got the two confused and thought Wells was in the Supremes. Hell, at Motown 25, the people in charge of assigning dressing rooms paired Cindy and Mary Wells thinking Wells was in the Supremes with Cindy. If Mary had hit the oldies circuit insisting on being billed as Mary Wilson only, maybe some people would have shown up expecting to hear My Guy and Two Lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Mark Bego co wrote the book with Martha. He's a good friend to Mary and not above stirring up some drama so he may have had an influence on that passage in Martha's book.
    Mark Bego churns out books like the FORMER insurrectionist inciting president spits out lies.

I agree she should have done more to try to establish herself as Mary Wilson solo act, but bills had to be paid so off to the oldies circuit to perform. And alas given her name and never having a solo hit, or even a solo Supremes lead hit song, she had to use the Supremes name to bill herself to get gigs and have an audience turn out. And her name was too close to that of Mary Wells and some of the general public got the two confused and thought Wells was in the Supremes. Hell, at Motown 25, the people in charge of assigning dressing rooms paired Cindy and Mary Wells thinking Wells was in the Supremes with Cindy. If Mary had hit the oldies circuit insisting on being billed as Mary Wilson only, maybe some people would have shown up expecting to hear My Guy and Two Lovers.
    Mary tried as hard as she could, but so many things were working against her. She couldn’t get on television, she had no way to get her message out. She couldn’t get any prestige gigs because she basically was unknown, and I think that was a surprise to she and Pedro. They had lofty goals, and she wouldn’t have settled for doing her up close show in 1980 because she wanted to be a big record seller. As you stated, the only money for her was doing a Supremes act, but that’s not because she wasn’t trying to establish herself as a solo. I don’t think she was ever going to be a popstar no matter what, but I do think that she could’ve developed an act that would have been attractive to a decent sized audience, one that she could peddle records to. There were a lot of outside influences and, perhaps, certain substances affected their planning somewhat.
    I just don’t think she could think of anything else to do, and I know that they were trying. She wanted very much to go on television but, couldn’t get booked. It was a terrible time for her and compounding the situation was the fact that she knew she was talented.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 12-01-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mark Bego churns out books like the FORMER insurrectionist inciting president spits out lies.
    LOLOLOLOL!!!
    Oh dear Roberta, it is always a delight reading your posts. Except for all the coffee I have to wipe from my computer screen from laughing it out while reading your posts!

Hopefully no one took what I said as against anyone, I was only trying to think how the parties involved might feel. I think there was room for everyone-Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and the FLOs just like in 1970 that there was enough room for the Supremes and Diana Ross. The FLOs didn't really come into their own until about 1986, the same time Mary released her book and interest in the group was sparred again. I remember Motown gave Mary a very hard time over the name Supremes. She saw what happened to Florence and she was not allowed to say she was a Supreme in her solo career. Only Diana Ross sang lead on the hits so Mary and Florence were an unknown entity as soloists to record companies. Mary not fully taking over the lead in 1970 probably made record companies wary of her. I am sure Motown put it out there that Mary and her ex Pedro were difficult to deal with. Plus, it is true that while as fans we knew who she was, the general public was less so. She was confused with Mary Wells. Mary's voice was great but wasn't what was expected from the leads on Supremes songs. She was given disco in her one Motown release and it didn't do well. She was only given a deal to drop her lawsuit. When she divorced Pedro, much of her remaining money was tied up with that and she needed Diana to give her a loan which she repaid. Obviously that would mean she needed money and she had no label to support her and no track record beyond being in the Supremes. Yes, she was extremely talented and beautiful but with a home and children to support she needed to do what was most commercially viable for her. Former Ladies of the Supremes was a great moniker but they were not the actual Supremes. The company and Mary disbanded that in 1977. We may feel Mary could have easily transitioned into something beyond that, but in show business that was not the case. Diana Ross had Berry Gordy to be behind her. Mary had no one. No record company. No one to push her except her. She kept the Supremes alive because after 1972, Motown was ready for the Supremes to go away. Mary hired the group members herself and she even said Motown was upset to hear she hired Scherrie on her own. So, I can understand her feeling some sort of way about this grouping just from a business standpoint. Mary knew she had no support in show business to be anything else. We can be armchair critics but Mary lived it. She worked very hard to achieve what she did. I think Mary understood that the FLOs were doing what they needed to do for their own finances [[ I remember after RTL she even said I understand that they have bills to pay and it wasn't personal). Still, we could have our wishes that somehow she could have been a singer on her own singing ballads, jazz and the American songbook but in 1981 she was confused with Mary Wells and the general public did not know her and her talents and record companies were not behind her and no one was running to sign her. Let her rest in peace. Let's continue to celebrate her. Let's continue to support Scherrie & Susaye in their future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    LOLOLOLOL!!!
    Oh dear Roberta, it is always a delight reading your posts. Except for all the coffee I have to wipe from my computer screen from laughing it out while reading your posts!
    Now that was naughty of me but ive bought a couple of Bego books and Im gonna leave it at that. LOL

In the early 80s Mary had a lot of difficulties. I still say a very underappreciated aspect of her story is how she survived domestic violence. So many women didn't, not then, not now. Being dropped by Motown, going broke, and finding a way out of her abusive marriage had Mary hitting rock bottom. So I would never fault her for taking gigs that we, and maybe even she at the time, thought were beneath her, or fault her for doing what she needed to do to feed, clothe and house her children. There's no argument there.

However, I don't buy this Wilson Wells confusion. I don't believe for one minute that was a hinderance to Mary's solo career. I also don't believe, and will never believe unless I'm proven wrong, that Mary was relentless in attempting to secure a record deal. I don't buy that the industry was full of people who wouldn't touch Mary with a ten foot pole, not when I see a list of people who had recording contracts in the 1980s. Since Diana left the Supremes, Mary had a habit of playing it safe, rarely taking risks and chances. Because success in the music industry is overwhelmingly luck than anything else, artists who refuse to take chances and risks usually end up with nothing.

Mary managed to make it through the 80s gigging it up on a safety net- the Supremes. Mary had so much more in her than to be an oldies circuit act, but that was safe for her. Mary also had the problem that Diana had: they did not understand who they were as artists and they couldn't see the forest for the trees, which is why neither one really had much business guiding their own careers. DePasse allowed Mary Wilson to have a solo spot in a show where the headliners were the likes of Diana Ross and Michael Jackson, and Mary chooses to sing "How Lucky Can You Get"? Wtf!!!

If she had a good manager at the time, a recording deal during Dream Girl's success is a freaking no brainer. She did record demos for Atlantic but thus far there has never been any details about what happened with that. Was she managing herself? If so, that was another ridiculous move. A good manager- hell even a halfway decent manager- would have been able to parlay the success of Dream Girl into something more than just a successful book.

So yeah, everybody had to eat, and everybody had kids to take care of, but Mary Wilson should never have ever had to compete with the Former Ladies for jobs and she wouldn't have if she had allowed herself to let go of the safety net. Let's be real, worst case scenario is that she runs after Mary Wilson solo artist and falls flat on her face repeatedly. After so long, a return to Mary Wilson of the Supremes would always be there. She'd be able to get right back out there and perform Supremes songs. She just wouldn't let go of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Now that was naughty of me but ive bought a couple of Bego books and Im gonna leave it at that. LOL
    I would never give that dude my money. When that cookbook that Mary was involved with came out, I was looking forward to purchasing it. As soon as I found out Bego was involved, I declined. Whenever he's in the picture, there's always some mess. He's so cringy.

I would never give that dude my money. When that cookbook that Mary was involved with came out, I was looking forward to purchasing it. As soon as I found out Bego was involved, I declined. Whenever he's in the picture, there's always some mess. He's so cringy.
    "Cringy". You're being quite generous, Ran!

Martha has also been pretty vocal about Roz and Nettie touring as "The Original Vandellas". I can't imagine their phones are ringing off the hook for gigs, so what's wrong with a few bookings here and there? Keeps them active and puts a few dollars in their retirement fund.

Was anyone here a member of the FLOS Fan Club? I'd love to get my hands on copies of their newsletters. So rich in information.

1000% RanRan

Former Ladies of The Supremes ? Guilty !!!! They sort of evolved to me and I was right there. Love them all !!!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Was anyone here a member of the FLOS Fan Club? I'd love to get my hands on copies of their newsletters. So rich in information.
    Yes. I have a lot of their newsletters. Maybe all of them? David Kramlich, an attorney, fan and friend of the ladies put them out. He's from San Francisco. They eventually stopped d/t time, cost and the internet were coming into play. The ladies were working with Eric Iverson from the UK at the time. Eric sold a lot of their videos and tapes which were available through the fan club. I bought a number of the videos. Unfortunately, they're gone now. I had trouble transferring them over to DVD's. Now I wish I had kept them and had them professionally transferred over. Oh well. The newsletters are stored in a closet somewhere around here. I should get them out and reread them. I'm keeping them for the history of the group. Was also a member of the Mary Wilson fan club run by Carl F. I don't have many of those newsletters, though. I may have come in late in the game for those.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Yes. I have a lot of their newsletters. Maybe all of them? David Kramlich, an attorney, fan and friend of the ladies put them out. He's from San Francisco. They eventually stopped d/t time, cost and the internet were coming into play. The ladies were working with Eric Iverson from the UK at the time. Eric sold a lot of their videos and tapes which were available through the fan club. I bought a number of the videos. Unfortunately, they're gone now. I had trouble transferring them over to DVD's. Now I wish I had kept them and had them professionally transferred over. Oh well. The newsletters are stored in a closet somewhere around here. I should get them out and reread them. I'm keeping them for the history of the group. Was also a member of the Mary Wilson fan club run by Carl F. I don't have many of those newsletters, though. I may have come in late in the game for those.
    That's fantastic that you collected all of them and have kept them! I joined Mary's FC run by Carl in the early 90's, and have amassed quite a collection tion of them over the years. I put them each in page protectors, and now have them in a big 3 ring binder. I love them, and reference them quite often. So much information in these gems!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    That's fantastic that you collected all of them and have kept them! I joined Mary's FC run by Carl in the early 90's, and have amassed quite a collection tion of them over the years. I put them each in page protectors, and now have them in a big 3 ring binder. I love them, and reference them quite often. So much information in these gems!
    I used to get those too, but did not save any. Does anyone know the history of that fan club? I have a fading memory, but I remember a teenaged kid named Randy running a Supremes fan club and he was from PA. I spoke to him on the phone a few times, and his mom was always in the background telling him to get off the phone. I remember that fan club morphing into the Mary Wilson Fan Club probably after the group disbanded.
    I was wondering if Carl's club was the same club that Randy was running as a kid. Randy turned out to be J. Randy Taraborrelli.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I used to get those too, but did not save any. Does anyone know the history of that fan club? I have a fading memory, but I remember a teenaged kid named Randy running a Supremes fan club and he was from PA. I spoke to him on the phone a few times, and his mom was always in the background telling him to get off the phone. I remember that fan club morphing into the Mary Wilson Fan Club probably after the group disbanded.
    I was wondering if Carl's club was the same club that Randy was running as a kid. Randy turned out to be J. Randy Taraborrelli.
    That was really interesting, Milven. Who knew! Does anyone know if Carl is still around?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    That was really interesting, Milven. Who knew! Does anyone know if Carl is still around?
    Yes, Carl is still around. We are Facebook friends. He posts on there. I remember being a member of The Supremes Fan Club in 1976-77, then rejoining the Mary Wilson Fan Club in 1984. It was great to get that info back in those days before the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Yes, Carl is still around. We are Facebook friends. He posts on there. I remember being a member of The Supremes Fan Club in 1976-77, then rejoining the Mary Wilson Fan Club in 1984. It was great to get that info back in those days before the internet.
    Ask him if his Mary Wilson Fan Club morphed from the Supremes Fan Club and if Randy was involved with that club. Carl posts here once in a while. I met him once in the seventies when a group of us watched videos of the Supremes appearances

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Ask him if his Mary Wilson Fan Club morphed from the Supremes Fan Club and if Randy was involved with that club. Carl posts here once in a while. I met him once in the seventies when a group of us watched videos of the Supremes appearances
    I think Randy had the Supremes club first and then Carl must have taken it over. I am pretty sure he had a Supremes Fan club because he ran it in 1976 when I joined. When the group broke up in 1977, it became Scherrie & Freda Payne Fan Club but by the time I rejoined in 1984, it was Mary Wilson Fan Club. All from the same address in Illinois.

Here's more FLOS music--Scherrie Lynda and Freddie:

Here's more FLOS music--Scherrie Lynda and Freddie:
    Great! This is from their concert DVD from Supreme Voices Collection [[CD/DVD). The whole concert is a knockout.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I think Randy had the Supremes club first and then Carl must have taken it over. I am pretty sure he had a Supremes Fan club because he ran it in 1976 when I joined. When the group broke up in 1977, it became Scherrie & Freda Payne Fan Club but by the time I rejoined in 1984, it was Mary Wilson Fan Club. All from the same address in Illinois.
    A generous fan here on SDF gifted me several issues of the Scherrie/Freda FC newsletter.

I have MW FC newsletters that go back to 1981 or 1982.