[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight's Christmas: Big family gathering, TV movie

Gladys Knight will be celebrating the holiday on-screen in the TV movie “I’m Glad It’s Christmas,” airing 8 p.m. EST this Saturday, November 26th, on the Great American Family channel. Knight plays matchmaker Cora, who wants to bring together a salesclerk dreaming of Broadway fame [[Jessica Lowndes) and a songwriter [[Paul Greene) for a small town's Christmas concert.

https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/...f-d1be7711dee8

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Gladys Knight will be celebrating the holiday on-screen in the TV movie “I’m Glad It’s Christmas,” airing 8 p.m. EST this Saturday, November 26th, on the Great American Family channel. Knight plays matchmaker Cora, who wants to bring together a salesclerk dreaming of Broadway fame [[Jessica Lowndes) and a songwriter [[Paul Greene) for a small town's Christmas concert.

https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/...f-d1be7711dee8
    I wasn’t expecting much because these movies are, well, pretty much the most benign entertainment possible. This was no exception, as predictable as tomorrow’s sunrise, yet not offensive. Gladys was kind of creepy. I don’t know if she was speaking so slowly to exaggerate her screen time downstairs, she’s recently had a stroke, or this is just her current method of acting. It was exceptional in that the amount of people of color was higher than usual. I counted three, but it might’ve been four. I hope Patti‘s is more fun

I share your opinion. These types of movies are full of nothing - except padding - and can usually be told in fifteen minutes. Perhaps that is why Gladys was speaking so slowly - to fill a two hour time slot. Gladys also seemed to have a constant smile on her face. I had to watch it because I am a Gladys fan, but I can't say that I enjoyed it. I noticed in the credits that Gladys and Susan De Passe were listed as executive producers.