[REMOVE ADS]

Long vaulted Marvin Gaye 1976 concert coming to CD and vinyl [Mercury-1/27/2023]

Info from SoulTracks.com-
    Marvin Gaye: Greatest Hits Live In ‘76, these songs, which were originally released on DVD in 2007, are now available as a standalone audio release for the first time. The set will be released on vinyl and CD on January 27, 2023 by Mercury Studios.
    Marvin Gaye: Greatest Hits Live In ‘76 was recorded in the midst of his 1976 European tour, during a live performance at the Edenhalle Concert Hall in Amsterdam. The 20+ song set features an abundance of Marvin Gaye’s beloved hit songs, spanning his entire career up until that point.
    These powerful songs are a wonder to experience live and are beautifully presented on Marvin Gaye: Greatest Hits Live In ‘76.
    Track Listing:
    Side A:
    1. All The Way Around
    2. Come Get To This
    3. Let’s Get It On
    4. Ain’t That Peculiar
    5. You’re A Wonderful One
    6. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow
    7. Pride And Joy
    8. Little Darling [I Need You]
    9. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
    10. Hitch Hike
    11. You
    12. Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
    13. How Sweet It Is [To Be Loved By You]
    Side B:
    1. Inner City Blues [Make Me Wanna Holler]
    2. What’s Going On
    3. Save The Children
    4. You’re All I Need To Get By
    5. Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing
    6. Heaven Must Have Sent You
    7. It Takes Two
    8. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
    9. Distant Lover

Has anyone heard these recordings? Marvin Gaye‘s live recordings can be spotty at times. I liked the original London Palladium set, but some of the others even recorded around the same time, he seems kind of lackluster in his performance. Would love to hear anyone’s opinions on this set before deciding whether to buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Has anyone heard these recordings? Marvin Gaye‘s live recordings can be spotty at times. I liked the original London Palladium set, but some of the others even recorded around the same time, he seems kind of lackluster in his performance. Would love to hear anyone’s opinions on this set before deciding whether to buy it or not.
    I think I may have bought this when it was originally released on VHS. I don't remember being all that impressed with it for the reasons you stated.

Will this make the third or fourth mid-70s live set by MG?

Anyone recall who his duet partner was on these live tracks? Paulette McWilliams?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Anyone recall who his duet partner was on these live tracks? Paulette McWilliams?
    I thought this has been released several times over the past 20 years or so as a standalone and couled with a DVD

I was at that concert at the Jaap Eden Hal in Amsterdam oct.10, 1976, which was next to an ice skating ring open in winter.
    I also saw the Commodores with LR there and a Warner Bros 2 evening show with o.a. Little Feat,the Doobie Brothers,Graham Central Station and Tower Of Power.

Last edited by jack020; 11-18-2022 at 05:11 AM.

My guess is Florence Lyles, who does the duets with him on the London Palladium​ set.
    Last edited by sansradio; 11-18-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Flo Lyles.

Yet another third party capitalizing off a carcass

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think I may have bought this when it was originally released on VHS. I don't remember being all that impressed with it for the reasons you stated.
    Thanks. I'll pass on this one.