[REMOVE ADS]

Robert Palmer: The Island Records Years Box Set 17 feb 2023

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BLF2TV42/?tag=imwan-21

Robert Palmer: The Island Records Years [[9CD)

• Deluxe 9CD book set
    • All nine albums recorded for the Island Records label between 1974 and 1985
    • Includes b-sides, demos and alternate takes
    • The 28-page 12x12 booklet contains the album lyrics along with annotation by Daryl Easlea

Robert Palmer was one of the greatest singer-songwriters of the late 20th Century. An artist and writer who sampled world-wide success, he never stopped being a music fan first and foremost, often racing to record something he’d just heard a snatch of on the radio or had caught in a club. His astute mixture of originals and well-selected covers gave him a song palette at times so eclectic that he became impossible to pigeonhole. In many respects, Palmer was the invisible man of pop. His close friends Talking Heads once recorded a track called Seen And Not Seen, the title of which sums up Palmer perfectly.
    After spells with The Alan Bown! and Dada, and three albums with Vinegar Joe, Island Records signed Robert Palmer to a solo deal in 1973. This 109 track, 9 CD book set contains all nine albums that he recorded for Island Records, between 1974 and 1985, alongside b-sides, demos and alternate takes.
    Aside from the worldwide hit “Addicted To Love”, the set also contains “Johnny And Mary”, “Bad Case Of Lovin’ You [[Doctor Doctor)”, “Looking For Clues”, “Some Guys Have All The Luck” and many more hits, as well as collaborations with Gary Numan. The musicians include The Meters, Little Feat, and the Brecker Brothers and the producers include Tom Moulton and Chic’s Bernard Edwards.

Sounds like a good one -

CDs still being issued in 2023 you say? As Tim McGraw would say "I Like It, I Love It, I Want Some More of it!"

Fabulous singer AND one of the very best dressed men in the business. He & George Benson were ALWAYS too sharp!

He was from Yorkshire & started out in a mod R&B group called the Mandrakes.
    They played numerous gigs in the Scarboro, Bridlington & Hull areas in the mid to late 60's ... that was the area where my wife & I are from ...
    Attachment 20078

One of my faves from him ..