[REMOVE ADS]

Someday we'll be together

Interesting take from Bruce Springsteen on "Someday We'll Be Together". I wa not sure what to expect but it's growing on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcmW_O_pYzk

This is pretty good.

I notice on the first and last verses that Bruce seems to sing some of the lines too soon, or at least too soon compared to the Supremes' version. But in the end, a pretty good remake. Someone on YouTube commented that it would have been nice if Bruce brought Diana in to do the Johnny Bristol ad-libs. Not a bad idea.

It's alright, but given that the arrangement sticks close to the DRATS version it's hard to digest Bruce's old man bellow voice on the lead instead of Diana's sweet soulful take on the song.

Diana ross.....the boss

bruce springsteen....the boss

who is, who is, who is, who is the boss?

Inquiring minds want to know

yeah i'm not loving this. frankly the track sounds like the same cheap karaoke-style production that Diana was saddled with on the I Love You album.

also agree that Bruce's heavy, old-man vocals just weigh things down. also i think other more rocking songs would fit him better. i would have much preferred to hear him rock out on You Keep Me Hanging On. or maybe a version of Reflections with more guitar. and his vocals might have stood up better on Reflections.

This is truly awful. It just proves that some only excel in their lane. Some artists are not versatile and it shows how limited they are. With that said, lol, the only thing that could save [[a live performance of this) would be an appearance by Diana Ross, sung as a duet. Do you think Bruce would be the one person who could convince Diana to finally sing this song? Can you imagine the publicity? The Boss and the Boss.

I love Bruce and I love his version of this classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I love Bruce and I love his version of this classic.
    Agreed and I downloaded all the tracks which includes several Motown tracks from hs latest titled, "Only The Strong Survive". Had the pleasure of actually meeting Bruce and I know he is a Motown fan. Another favorite is an Aretha Franklin tune that he sings on here. Also, I think it would be cool to have the Boss sing with the Boss.

It's OK ....sort of flat line. The back-ups are not emitting a supporting feeling of joy and hope....sounding sort of dreary imo.

Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-12-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Springsteen is on Jimmy Fallon's TONIGHT SHOW tonight and will perform. Probably something from this album. Any chance that it will be SOMEDAY?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Springsteen is on Jimmy Fallon's TONIGHT SHOW tonight and will perform. Probably something from this album. Any chance that it will be SOMEDAY?
    I think he's supposed to appear three nights this week.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think he's supposed to appear three nights this week.
    I didn't know that, but I just checked and he is scheduled for tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday. Thanks for the info