[REMOVE ADS]

Millie jackson straight no chaser interview on questlove's podcast [[pt i & ii)

thanks for posting. I really enjoyed as I was a Millie Jackson fan BEFORE her risque material. The first record I bought by her was "Ask Me What You Want" & its still one of my fave 70's jams.I saw her LIVE many, many times . She would bring tears of joy & laughter to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing that fun and interesting interview with Millie and her daughter, Glencro. I've loved Millie Jackson since her first Spring album in 1972 containing "Ask Me What You Want" and, especially, my favorite, "My Man, A Sweet Man" which was super-Motown-ish. I was immediately hooked as a Millie Jackson fan from the start, and continued buying each and every one of her Spring albums through and including the final one in 1982. I continued buying her Jive CDs as well, but the Spring releases are the ones that mean the most to me.

I really enjoyed hearing Millie sing a line or two from a few of her songs as the interviewers mentioned them. Vocally, she's still got it! Thanks again! I really enjoyed it!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-12-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Ten minutes in and I'm out. If I'm above that junk .....proud if it!!

Just listened to the Questlove Podcast with Millie Jackson and it was a lot of fun. As others have posted, I remember when Millie's career got going in the early '70s and it's good to know that she & her daughter Keisha are still going strong. Thanks Glencro for sharing it with us.

Watched both parts last night; what a kiki and a treat! Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Ditto … talk about a crass conversation……

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Boogie, I agree -- the first several minutes were horrible. Millie and her daughter were sitting there waiting... and waiting... and WAITING... to be interviewed while the interviewer wasted time talking back and forth with his co-horts. Once he finally woke up and stopped being rude to his guests, it got good. Really good! I forget whether it was in Part 1 or Part 2 when Millie announced that her next project is [[or will be) another Country project. I loved her first Country album -- "Just A Little Bit Country" back in the early '80s, so I whole-heartedly welcome a second one. For me, the interview segment which struck me the most was when Millie demonstrated how the new album's producer wanted her to twang it up so bad it sounded hillbilly. Millie gave a quick demonstration of just how bad it sounded. Then, without missing a beat, she switched gears over to how she intends to deliver it -- sweet & soulful as only Millie Jackson can. Really good stuff. I can hardly wait for her new CD release!