[REMOVE ADS]

The Bing Crosby Show 1968

This was a great appearance by the girls. I really liked the Soundstage medley with the girls, Bing, and Jose Feliciano.

i'm always glad to get clips of the girls and everything. i think they perform the poor material well lol. the girls and everyone do a great job. it's just that Paint Your Wagon is a poor show IMO. so it's not the most fascinating content they've sung. but they handle it marvelously.

we've often pondered if some of the great medley and tv material ever made it to the stage. like the Fats Waller Medley. I'm guessing no one wanted to bother bringing this medley to the stage lol

Always a fun one to watch. It’s a huge shame that Mary and Cindy were given so little to do during the hits medley. Some of those songs would really have suited Mary’s style of voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Always a fun one to watch. It’s a huge shame that Mary and Cindy were given so little to do during the hits medley. Some of those songs would really have suited Mary’s style of voice.
    Agreed.

This is also a great example of how great Diana, Mary and Cindy sounded together. For me nothing would ever beat their sound when Florence was in the group, but it's almost surprising how much chemistry Diana and Mary very quickly developed with Cindy, vocally.

Imagine if DMC had performed the Paint Your Wagon songs with the movie's stars Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin and Jean Seberg?

The “Do Not Forsake Me” number is one of my favorite Supremes TV performances. It’s a real group performance with great harmonies and vocals by the girls. The one thing that stumps me is why they didn’t re-tape the two segments where Mary messes up the choreography. It’s not big goofs, just out of sync in steps.