[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I heard from Tommy. He assured me he was enjoying the Forum but was having posting problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I heard from Tommy. He assured me he was enjoying the Forum but was having posting problems.
    Well that's promising...and a relief.

This might interest you not just for the Tabs but any & all! Well worth you signing in its amazing.

http://doo-wop.blogg.org/search?q=The%20Tabs

I apologize to Ralph and the forum members. I should be on soon. Thanks for staying with me.

Thank you for the update, Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Hi Tom! Mid-Week Greetings! Recently, my brother and I were remembering some of the music we grew up with and we started talking about Al Green. I was saying how I loved those songs and still do but I was amazed to find out he NEVER liked them! He just heard them completely differently than I did. I often think about that whenever I'm on SF and there are differences of opinions about the music. It's amazing how our ears can hear things so differently!��.

I do wish Motown would have put out more of those Staunton and Walker productions!
    Hey WaitingWatching! I was just listening to The Monitors’ Motown Anthology, and "Show Me You Can Dance" reminded me of our conversation about Staunton & Walker…

Just thought it was another great tune [and one that I could hear Tommy tearing up too]!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey WaitingWatching! I was just listening to The Monitors’ Motown Anthology, and "Show Me You Can Dance" reminded me of our conversation about Staunton & Walker…

Just thought it was another great tune [and one that I could hear Tommy tearing up too]!!
    I love it,, Tom! Total YES to that! "Show Me You Can Dance" is pretty similar to "You're Something To Talk About" in key, tempo and feeling and Tommy OWNED that one. If ever there was a missed opportunity for Staunton and Walker, and Tommy to have a great charting single, this had to have been a best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    I love it,, Tom! Total YES to that! "Show Me You Can Dance" is pretty similar to "You're Something To Talk About" in key, tempo and feeling and Tommy OWNED that one. If ever there was a missed opportunity for Staunton and Walker, and Tommy to have a great charting single, this had to have been a best bet.
    Glad you agree Waiting!!! As far as I’m aware, the song wasn’t even released on any of the artists that actually recorded it…

I’ve been listening to a version of the song by The Hit Pack [lead singer Robert Dobyne?] which is pretty good too!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Glad you agree Waiting!!! As far as I’m aware, the song wasn’t even released on any of the artists that actually recorded it…

I’ve been listening to a version of the song by The Hit Pack [lead singer Robert Dobyne?] which is pretty good too!

I forgot about that version! I'll have to play that in the car when I go out on errands. For me, the Miracles' version is the one I like the most.

Hi every one, I thought I’d write a few lines to let you know l have some neat pictures from the re-enactment march. It was a lot of fun. I just have to figure out how to post the pic’s.

Look forward to seeing those Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy good View Post
    Hi every one, I thought I’d write a few lines to let you know l have some neat pictures from the re-enactment march. It was a lot of fun. I just have to figure out how to post the pic’s.
    Can't wait to see them! I know how you feel. I'm not tech savvy at all but I finally figured it out and I'm sure you will too - fortunately, it's not super hard. In fact, it was a LOT easier than learning how to get over the rejection letter I got from Motown years ago! [That's a crazy story for another day!]
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 02-04-2023 at 01:08 AM.

Hi everybody, thanks to Ralph, I have a new ID and password and it looks like I’ll be able to post. I’m Impressed with the knowledge you on this site have. I appreciate your kind words and hope I’ll be able. To answer some of your posts.

Tommy, you made it old pal. So good to have you back.

Hi to the forum, I wonder if the forum has heard the song [Bad,bad baby] It a bues tune, It’s on my CD. it was the first song written for me, Berry played piano on it and he wrote it. I have been to his apartment to work on the song. Just curious what you guys think of the song.

Hi to the forum, I wonder if the forum has heard the song [Bad,bad baby] It a bues tune, It’s on my CD. it was the first song written for me, Berry played piano on it and he wrote it. I have been to his apartment to work on the song. Just curious what you guys think of the song.
    I've heard it and I like it. That Berry himself wrote this for you, I think it demonstrates he was impressed with what he was hearing in your voice; that he went with a blues number, I'd take as a sign he was very impressed with your vocal chops. I know he felt something similar with Chris Clark after her audition and being surprised she could sing bluesier material along the lines of Etta James. "Bad, Bad Baby" definitely isn't lightweight pop.

Now you know, ya gotta tell us about what it was like working with Berry Gordy!

Hi Ralph, the Tabs were, Rick Maxwell [ On Guitar, and vocals ] Stan Adams [ on Sax, Bass, and vocals ] Bill Micheau [ on Hammond B3 ] Jimmy Lawrence [ on Drums ].
    We were together for almost the whole time I was at Motown.

I was at Motown from late 1963 until 1968. They checked all my Songs and said they would like me to come to California, but I didn’t think they were managing me like I thought they should, so I declined.

Thanks for the info, Tommy. I regret never seeing you guys work. I guess we were all working the six night a week schedule, Monday off.

Hi Ralph, the Tabs were, Rick Maxwell [ On Guitar, and vocals ] Stan Adams [ on Sax, Bass, and vocals ] Bill Micheau [ on Hammond B3 ] Jimmy Lawrence [ on Drums ].
    We were together for almost the whole time I was at Motown.

I was at Motown from late 1963 until 1968. They checked all my Songs and said they would like me to come to California, but I didn’t think they were managing me like I thought they should, so I declined.
    Did you record at Motown after 1965? The Motown Collection CD pretty much stops around '65. Would be great to find out there are more songs to discover.

Tommy, you more than likely made the right decision not to relocate to Motown L.A. They made the same offer to Stoney, which she accepted. However after some limited recording she was languishing in the apartment Motown had for her, until boredom had her notify the Creative Division that she was heading back to Detroit to work and if they ever came up with a plan for her to let her know. A gutsy move from a strong women. She called it right. Further evidence that I never cared much for the L.A. operation and would turn down their offer to relocate a couple of years later.
    Last edited by ralpht; 02-21-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Hi, to my Motown friends, I thought I’d give a shout out and say I check this forum most every day, and will answer anything I can. Thanks.

Hi Tommy, I just checked out "Bad Bad Boy", very cool song. I like it.

What's your favourite song that you recorded at Motown?